PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: t-mobile

vVvRUSSIANvVv is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
antivirus,back up,etc 4 htc touch pro 2

https://beta.flexilis.com/ .i got it works awsome have fun
Old 09-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Re: antivirus,back up,etc 4 htc touch pro 2

does one even get viruses/malware on these things, I've had winmo for 3 years now and never got a virus. The other features I already have.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Yes is possible to get viruses on your device.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

It's possible, but very unlikely. There are very very very few, if any, written virii for WinMo, and nobody really has the motivation to write more of them it seems.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
The other features I already have.
What program do you use to wipe the phone clean if it's lost?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is this legit? Afraid to click.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Sprite Terminator
Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM
VIP PATROL

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Sprite Terminator or Maspware guardmobile and flexilis is capable of doing that as well.

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 09-24-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

Interesting piece of software. I looked over their website well and read through their entire terms of service and here's what I came up with. They are offering the beta version of their software at no charge. The idea? To get you hooked and when they come out with their retail version it will then go to an added cost service. By that time they hope to have you using and relying on it and, hence, you sign up for their service and pay the fee otherwise you get your account terminated.

They talk about malware and the "iphone exploit". I had an iphone and am well familiar with the so-called exploit. To date, there has not been a single documented case of an iphone being taken over by this exploit, but scare tactics always seem to work well. Now, is there reason to have protection on your phone? Sure there is, as cell services have become more ubiquitous there is more malware out there to attack them using bluetooth and other stuff. Its not extensive but it is out there and I suspect it will become more prevalent with time. I guess my real objection is to their use of exploit that never exploited anyone's phone.

I have downloaded and installed it and it does look interesting. I don't know how much use I will get and its probably not likely that I would pay additional money for this service. I can always back up my phone to my PC using other software, re-sync my other data from my PC if necessary and I'm already using MS MyPhone as a redundant source for saving my critical data.

So I guess I'll play around with this and see if there is something that I can't live without on it but right now it looks like a nicely done app that combines a number of services but for me to pay a monthly or yearly fee, well, then it will have to be real cheap.

R
Old 09-25-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP PATROL

Thats why i dont depent on one service only, i got serveral backups from diferent services and also in my pc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2