PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Answering call with Bluetooth plays ringtone through headset???

So I have this annoying problem and would like to know if ANYONE else has it. I have a BlueAnt Q1, and when I get an incoming call, the phone rings and the headset says say answer to answer and ignore to ignore. Well most of the time it does not understand what I say, so I just push the side button to answer the call, well when I do that it does not answer the call, it just directs the ringtone through to it, then I have to slide to answer on the phone. So does this happen to anyone else?

I'm not sure if it is the headset or the phone with all the tweaks I've done to it. Also I've made sure that in the BT settings that no sounds are to be directed through the headset....

Thanks for your time.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: Answering call with Bluetooth plays ringtone through headset???

I wonder if Voice Command is needed for the headset to work correctly, worth a shot

Old 09-24-2009, 05:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SCI730 -> XV6700 -> XV6900 -> TP2 -> Droid Incred
Carrier: VZ

escribzz is a n00b

Had this problem with my car today. I have voice command already turned off. I restarted the phone and it seem to go away.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff

I have the same issue with my stereo in my truck.

When the call comes in it rings on the phone, I push the the answer button on my stereo and all it does is dierect the ring to the truck speakers.

I can not answer a call without getting the phone out and sliding it to answer.

Please help me solve this, I spend a fair amount of time in my truck and not being able to answer my phone is a bad thing.

Gadget
Old 09-24-2009, 06:21 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Sounds like ya'll need to spend some quality time in Control Panel > Voice Command and Bluetooth to make some adjustments to the settings. Both of these applets seem particularly unstable on the TP2 given the new BT stack drivers.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Sounds like ya'll need to spend some quality time in Control Panel > Voice Command and Bluetooth to make some adjustments to the settings. Both of these applets seem particularly unstable on the TP2 given the new BT stack drivers.
I have spent a lot of time in both Bluetooth and Voice Command settings and I can't find a configuration that will make this work.
No matter what I do I still have to phisically get my phone out and slide to answer!

If you know the answer please post it.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I found the problem on my end, it seems there is something in the bluetooth stack on the TP2 that causes a problem with PocketShield.

I don't know if you have it installed or not but if you do, try disabling it. It solved the problem for me.

I have checked the forum at PocketShield's web site and they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

The phone still rings on the device and not through my stereo speakers (the stereo does mute and displays an incoming call on the screen) but at least I can answer it now without taking the phone out and sliding to unlock.
I have a feeling this issue is related.

gadget
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

yachtspecco is just getting started

Same here. Pocketshield was the first cab I installed within a few minutes of getting my TP 2 and it created the same ringing in the bluetooth issues. Uninstalled it and Bluetooth is working acceptably well now. Not perfect but useable. Sure hope this gets addressed in the new 6.5 rom update when released.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Threadstarter

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1 View Post
I found the problem on my end, it seems there is something in the bluetooth stack on the TP2 that causes a problem with PocketShield.

I don't know if you have it installed or not but if you do, try disabling it. It solved the problem for me.

I have checked the forum at PocketShield's web site and they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

The phone still rings on the device and not through my stereo speakers (the stereo does mute and displays an incoming call on the screen) but at least I can answer it now without taking the phone out and sliding to unlock.
I have a feeling this issue is related.

gadget
Indeed I have and use PS. However I do not use the phone functionality part of it, I actual disable that. But it still could be the problem. I will not have to check the PS Forums. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Indeed I have and use PS. However I do not use the phone functionality part of it, I actual disable that. But it still could be the problem. I will not have to check the PS Forums. Thanks for the heads up!
I tried that as well but it still won't work. If you open the pocked shield settings, at the bottom you see an icon in the middle with the shield on it, click on that to disable PS (the icon will change to a PDA with an exclamation mark through it.
With that being disabled I'll bet you will be able to answer through your bluetooth device.

They are working on a fix and I really hope they come up with something, I like the program.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2