PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

efunk33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can you use a Bluetooth Headset to listen to the TV/Radio, etc, & which is the best?

I want to buy a bluetooth headset for calls of course, but also want to use it to listen to Pandora radio, Sprint TV, etc. Is this possible?

If so, which bluetooth headset is the best? There are SO many different ones, and I keep reading about digital ones and analog upconverting, etc. I've never once owned a bluetooth so I'm at a loss.

I really appreciate any help you are able to provide.

I plan on ordering from this website, which has a large selection of bluetooth headsets. Let me know if there is a better website.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/blheforsoert.html
Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work
Re: Can you use a Bluetooth Headset to listen to the TV/Radio, etc, & which is the be

Quote:
Originally Posted by efunk33 View Post
I want to buy a bluetooth headset for calls of course, but also want to use it to listen to Pandora radio, Sprint TV, etc. Is this possible?

If so, which bluetooth headset is the best? There are SO many different ones, and I keep reading about digital ones and analog upconverting, etc. I've never once owned a bluetooth so I'm at a loss.

I really appreciate any help you are able to provide.

I plan on ordering from this website, which has a large selection of bluetooth headsets. Let me know if there is a better website.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/blheforsoert.html

I bought the Altec Lansing BT headset from Sprint for music and audible books...they also work well for movies etc. and can double for a phone call...I use a Jawbone Prime for my main talking headset though...although the Altecs work ok, they just don't cut the background noice like the JB.

I like the Altecs alot...pricy though $99...but I got 25% off, so that helped a lot...give a try...you got 30 days to try um out!

I also use my Untimate Ears for serious music listening...but sometimes its nice to be wireless
Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Threadstarter

efunk33 is a n00b
Re: Can you use a Bluetooth Headset to listen to the TV/Radio, etc, & which is the be

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I bought the Altec Lansing BT headset from Sprint for music and audible books...they also work well for movies etc. and can double for a phone call...I use a Jawbone Prime for my main talking headset though...although the Altecs work ok, they just don't cut the background noice like the JB.

I like the Altecs alot...pricy though $99...but I got 25% off, so that helped a lot...give a try...you got 30 days to try um out!

I also use my Untimate Ears for serious music listening...but sometimes its nice to be wireless
In your opinion, what's the best bluetooth set for $50 or less on that site I listed in the OP? I'm going to be using it for calls, music, tv, etc. Pretty much everything.

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

You should check out the Oakley O-ROKR glasses. Bluetooth stereo and hands free phone, all built into the frame.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by efunk33 View Post
In your opinion, what's the best bluetooth set for $50 or less on that site I listed in the OP? I'm going to be using it for calls, music, tv, etc. Pretty much everything.

Thanks.
i dont know if its on that site but the Jabra Bt 8010 runs from roughly 19 bucks to 39 bucks on ebay. I have those and they're fine for listenin to muic or watching videos/movies whatever
Old 09-24-2009, 05:43 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I'm really diggin' my new Motorokr S9-HD headphones that I just picked up today. Especially now that I have them fully figured out and working right.

They are stereo bluetooth, with WOW SRS HD. They really do have great sound, as good or better then many wired ones I've used. They are closer to $99.00 though. They have buttons for next/last track, phone voice command, volume up/down and use the same type of charger cables as the TP2, the mini USB.

Actually, this site has them right now for $53.99!!!
http://www.n1wireless.com/Bluetooth_...FR4Uagod40xqAA
I just spent $99.00 at Best Buy today, but I needed them today.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 09-24-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I'm really diggin' my new Motorokr S9-HD headphones that I just picked up today. Especially now that I have them fully figured out and working right.

They are stereo bluetooth, with WOW SRS HD. They really do have great sound, as good or better then many wired ones I've used. They are closer to $99.00 though. They have buttons for next/last track, phone voice command, volume up/down and use the same type of charger cables as the TP2, the mini USB.

Actually, this site has them right now for $53.99!!!
http://www.n1wireless.com/Bluetooth_...FR4Uagod40xqAA
I just spent $99.00 at Best Buy today, but I needed them today.

I have those as well but have had many problems and am now on my third replacement set....the battery decreases its charge and after a few months only lasts about 10 min. I bought them to use at the gym (one of their selling points is using them for exercise) and found out that the warrenty does cover damage form sweating. Plus they are not that comfortable..(I have a big head).

I just bought some SBH500 (samsung) and they work and feel great. They have padded ear cups instead of the ear buds.. but I now like them better.

Last edited by searcher61; 09-24-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

I LOVE my Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo headset! The phone sends ALL feedback to the headset even without the second ear attachment on it, so it looks like I'm wearing a regular bluetooth earpiece, but can hear everything that is going on with my phone as well. With the 2nd earpiece attachment on it, I am in total stereo!

Check it out!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2