PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

twodomes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
noob question re: sms displays

First, thank you all for this invaluable resource. I've spent many hours reading through all the posts, trying to absorb all the information and figure out what hacks to make on my new sprint touch pro2.

One thing that's been frustrating me that I'm hoping someone can help with:

When I click on the text message icon in the slider at the bottom of my home page, it automatically takes me to the last text i received. If I want to see all my messages, then I have to hit the left soft key "All messages", which then takes me to a display of the last message sent/received for all of my conversations. Is there a way to go right to this display instead of having to look at a message I've already seen?

Also, from what I've read on here and experienced, it seems like there are 2 SMS programs at work... a Win mobile one and a touchflo one... is that correct? IE, if I touch the screen (which is displaying the last message sent/received) it takes me to a certain layout/view of that individual conversation. I like this view and would like to use it for all my texting but am not sure how to get to it in general... Is there a way to only use one of the two programs (I think it's the touch flo one that I prefer)?

Also, if I plan on adding SPB mobile, will that totally make this a moot point because it doesn't use touchflo?

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

daunove is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: noob question re: sms displays

The layout you like is TF3D threaded message. You can get to it by tapping the message that is displayed on the Messages tab, or by going to People tab>all contacts>pick someone>move slider to messages icon. <whew>

What sucks is that if you just go to the People tab and hit the message icon, you get the lame, un-threaded, sms screen, not the TF3D threaded message... but at least it has a character counter...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2