PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 11:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

boba6421 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RadarWeather v1.0 - advanced weather tab for TF3D - WVGA

i stumbled upon this today as well. I installed it and am loving it. I like it much better than the default weather tab. i have removed the weather tab and use this instead since it actually has my city's weather. great find.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

catalyst105 is a n00b

I'm trying to install RadarWeather but I get an error saying that I need a newer version of micrsoft.net framework. I downloaded what looks to be the latest version from microsoft, but I don't know what to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted Droid - Adamz Rom
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

phoenix316 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst105 View Post
I'm trying to install RadarWeather but I get an error saying that I need a newer version of micrsoft.net framework. I downloaded what looks to be the latest version from microsoft, but I don't know what to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.
Having the same problem.

I have Verizon.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Just dump the cab (I'm assuming it's net3.5) into your storage card, click it to run/load and that's basically it.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Anyone know how to add new locations or radar images other than during the first set up????
Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

catalyst105 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Just dump the cab (I'm assuming it's net3.5) into your storage card, click it to run/load and that's basically it.
I was hoping it was that easy, but I couldn't find a cab only a setup file from microsoft that I can't do anything with. I get a message saying "There is no application associated with NETCFSetupv35. Run the application first, then open this file from within the application". I tried copying the file into the RadarWeather file, but that does nothing.

Edit: I found the cab here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64985

Now I'm running the setup.

Last edited by catalyst105; 09-24-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Anyone know how to add new locations or radar images other than during the first set up????
Yes...

How to add additional radars to your city.

When you get it installed, you will need to click on the button that looks like a power button.

That will take you to another page with 8 icons on top. The bottom right buttom looks like a part of a sprocket or something, click that.

Go to settings. On the next page, highlight your current city on the Edit button. That will then activate your soft keyboard and the title of the page should say WeatherPanel: Add City

Click on the button "Weather Images"

Click on "Add New" button.

At this point, you can just have a url already copied in your clipboard and paste it in the URL text field and click ok.

You then should be able to click through the url's you entered and can have up to 8 different URL's of weather or traffic cams or whatever you want in there.

HTH

Last edited by supdawg; 09-24-2009 at 02:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tmwes is a n00b

Is this crushing anybody else's battery? I installed this around 5 PM yesterday, and by 9 PM was down to 30% (full charge as of 4:30). This morning the phone had powered itself off (that hasn't happened since the day I got it).
Old 09-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Threadstarter

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmwes View Post
Is this crushing anybody else's battery? I installed this around 5 PM yesterday, and by 9 PM was down to 30% (full charge as of 4:30). This morning the phone had powered itself off (that hasn't happened since the day I got it).
I've had WP installed in my Windows Roms for a couple of years now. I don't think my battery drain is worse than before, but perhaps I am used to it?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My battery life is fine with WP installed (WAY better than my old TP's). I still have WP running from a 2nd today screen, not the tab setup that this provides but I don't see why that should matter??

I may get around to trying this new setup today, but my current setup works so well it didn't seem real important to get to it right away.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2