PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Telus Rhodium
Carrier: Trying to get to Rogers

notsmartenough is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth Headset and Bluetooth Braclet On TP2

Hey guys, got the Telus CDMA TP2

I read on other sites that bluetooth can connect up to 8 devices (something about slave and masters, sounds like drives)

So I got my TP2, and a jawbone 2 and a bluetooth bracelet (okay, I'm a geek)

everytime I try to connect to 1, the other disconnects and fails. So basically, how do I (and if I can) connect the 2 simultaneously?

Thanks for your inputs
Old 09-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Bluetooth Headset and Bluetooth Braclet On TP2

you sure its 8 simultaneous and not just 8 manageable partnerships?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Not sure if this helps (misery loves company?) but with my TP1 my bluetooth watch often disconnects when I take a call with the jawbone. My suspicion (unverified) is that the watch uses the headset or handsfree profile to receive the callerID data and when the headset takes a call this interferes.

But I wouldn't put it past the crappy BT stack on the TP2 also. I just know the same happens on the TP1 (using SmartwatchM, if that makes any difference).

Just putting that out there. I know there aren't a lot of BT watch/band users out there, but I find this solution far superior to having a headset in the ear all the time and waiting for too-quiet voice command to tell me I have a call, and I can also skim email/SMS headers on the watch too. I just have to remember to press a button on the watch after a call to be sure the two are connected again.

Edit: the reason for my profile suspicion is that I can use a Redfly in bluetooth mode and the watch stays connected.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

i know I carry two phones and it hooks to both, and as long as they dont ring at the same time, I can answer each when needed. It is at the same time, but only the first to rings get used...

Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Telus Rhodium
Carrier: Trying to get to Rogers
Threadstarter

notsmartenough is a n00b

Hmm, yeah, on the display, both of them are categorized as a headset (well, thats the picture anyways)

I don't need it to connect to 2 phones, just have 2 bluetooth device hooked onto the phone at the same time.

Well, I'm not sure if its 8 or 7 devices, but the system is supposed to be called piconet. I found several tutorials for computers, but didn't find any for WM yet thats why I'm checking to see if any has that problem.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

That's the thing. There's a difference between being paired and being connected. You can have a hundred headsets paired with your phone, but you can only use one headset at a time during an active call. My suspicion is that when the bluetooth headset takes over the audio gateway, the bracelet disconnects because to the phone it's basically just another headset device. Are you using the built-in bluetooth functionality for the bracelet or something like smartwatchm?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

I've run activesync, DUN, and OBEX to my laptop while on the phone using my Jawbone Prime. Works fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Right. I've used a headset while connected to a Redfly. Those are different classes of devices. But you can't use two Bluetooth headsets simultaneously on the same call. Since I suspect the watch/bracelet probably uses the headset or handsfree profile to get the caller ID information, they can't both be connected to the phone during a call at the same time. Every time I take a call with my BT headset, my watch disconnects. Same problem as OP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2