PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Wifi Hotspot Program

Hello all....first of all, i just want ti say that the HTC Wifi Hotspot program is great...but i seem to be having a couple probems with it...for example, im always able to "connect" to the Wifi signal but alot of time it runs REALLY slow or wont load pages at all...also, sometimes in the middleof a working connection it will fail and, even though theres still 4 bars, it will automatically disconnect me...are there an fixes for this or any recommendations??? thanks in advance
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Re: HTC Wifi Hotspot Program

Wish I had that experience with it. However, I don't. I use that program daily and never have any problems with it. I do a lot of remote support for my clients and am remoted into their server/workstations for very long periods of time using my phone as the hotspot. I even ditched my Aircard plan because this is much better.

Only thing I could think is to make sure you're in a good coverage area. Also, make sure your phone is not pulling other data at the same time that could be saturating the bandwidth.

Good luck.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the fast response but it seems to be getting fine receotion (3 bars or more)...oh well...its still a great app,,anyone else with an opinion please share...thnks again for the help
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christr is just getting started

I haven't had much trouble with it.. but only been playing with it on and off for a day now. My TP2 is on verizon.. not sure if that makes any difference. But I also haven't tried to use it as a wifi router much more then about 30 min at a time. Seemed pretty snappy tho.. not super fast, dslreports gave me about 300k down and 80k up where I was today with only 1 or 2 bars of service.

--chris
Old 09-22-2009, 12:05 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

With the wifi router app. that I was using on my TP2 you have to make some setting changes to get it going right.

Anyone who uses this program, correct me if this program does not require this setup.

configure your WM wifi card with a static ip example. IP: 192.168.0.1 subnetmask: 255.255.255.0 gateway: 192.168.0.1 DNS: 192.168.0.1

then your laptop WIFI Card with IP: 192.168.0.2 subnetmask: 255.255.255.0 gateway: 192.168.0.1 DNS: 192.168.0.1

configure the WIFI router and you will see your access point, if you don't see it then configure the ad-hoc network manuaily then you execute the wifi router. it works great.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2