PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Vodafone

geejayb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
jbed - do I need it?

Hi,

Apologies if this is a dumb question ... I have a new HTC TP2 which already has sun java installed. I had installed Java midlets such as Opera min 3.2 and 5b and they seemed to run OK,
After seeing some posts over at xda I did install the latest jbed and re-installed the above but the page fonts on the java list page and on the opera mini opening page were tiny and I couldn't see any way to increase it.
Is there any benefit to running jbed as opposed to the built-in sun java? e.g performance, compatability etc

Thnx
Old 09-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: jbed - do I need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejayb View Post
Hi,

Apologies if this is a dumb question ... I have a new HTC TP2 which already has sun java installed. I had installed Java midlets such as Opera min 3.2 and 5b and they seemed to run OK,
After seeing some posts over at xda I did install the latest jbed and re-installed the above but the page fonts on the java list page and on the opera mini opening page were tiny and I couldn't see any way to increase it.
Is there any benefit to running jbed as opposed to the built-in sun java? e.g performance, compatability etc

Thnx

Opera Mini 5 runs like molasses on my phone with Sprint Titan Runtime....Maybe it's something I did lol
Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejayb View Post
Hi,

Thnx
Different jbed versions seem to have issues, by default, with font sizes. I am currently running an Esmertec jbed for the gmail app. I was able to increase the font size (in Gmail) by changing the sizes in the registry:

HKLM_SOFTWARE_Apps_Esmertec Java_Device Info_Java Font

I'm not sure if this will do anything for the browser, since I'm not running mini on this phone. It worked like a charm for g-mail, though!

I've only used Esmertec, so I can't comment on whether or not there are any advantages of one over the other.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

What Jbed is the latest? Not sure from search. Link?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_RAIN View Post
What Jbed is the latest? Not sure from search. Link?
Not sure of the absolute latest, but here is a link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=407667
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Here is a cab with Jbed and Opera 4.2 in one. It also has bigger font size built in.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2