PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Verizon

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sending Email Error message. Please help!!

Can anyone help? I don't know WTH is going on and i've been trying for 2 hours. i tried sending myself an email and it says...the messages could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.

I have coverage and its set to my email account at yahoo.com

I also get ...Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap Settings.

Last edited by skillzo1; 09-19-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Daboodah is a n00b
Re: Sending Email Error message. Please help!!

If you use the default email setup process on the TP2, it will automatically find the settings for Yahoo mail, but they may only work for a short period of time (see my post here) or may not work at all. For some, it may actually continue working, but for both my wife and I, it only worked for a couple weeks before we started getting connection errors.

If you have Yahoo! Mail Plus, you can configure POP access to your account, but you will need to trick your TP2 into bypassing the automatic "search for settings" feature. To accomplish this, simply start the email setup process, but enter a bogus email address at the start (e.g. you can use something like emailid@yahoob.com). This will allow you to enter the manual config screens where you can specify POP access and use the information here).

Hope this helps. If you don't pay for Yahoo! Mail Plus, I'm not sure what your options are (sorry).
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzo1 View Post
Can anyone help? I don't know WTH is going on and i've been trying for 2 hours. i tried sending myself an email and it says...the messages could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.

I have coverage and its set to my email account at yahoo.com

I also get ...Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap Settings.
Based on my experience, you will need to purchase Yahoo! Plus to access your inbox via PoP3 or IMAP: http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus.

There are other options.

You can download the Yahoo! Windows Mobile application: http://mobile.yahoo.com/yahoo/browser

Or

You can simply access Yahoo! through the browser: http://m.yahoo.com

Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

question what apps do you have install cause my gmail was doing this the otherday but i fixed it

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC
Threadstarter

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor

I had to resetup my mail. Delete the old one and make a new one. I had to mess with the options inside it. Its working now.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't use the default setup for Yahoo mail, because it sets it up as IMAP. IMAP has 2 big drawbacks for me on the phone.

First, emails I send from the phone disappear. They go through to the recipient, but I lose my copy, regardless of any settings.

Second, emails I delete are deleted from the server, regardless of any settings.

To set it up as POP3, simply put in a false name for your email, like spell Yahoo.com as Yahooooo.com. Then you can manually set it up as POP3, using "pop.mail.yahoo.com" as your incoming server, and "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" as your outgoing server. Set all the options as you like them, and then remember to correct the spelling on your email address back to Yahoo.com
Old 10-30-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

siff is becoming a great contributor

SAme issue with Optonline
Old 11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I still have nothing but trouble with yahoo mail. doesnt matter if its 6.1, 6.5, or 6.5.x. I know switch to gmail right. Anyways as mentioned before the imap connection that it automatically setup quits working after while. However the same seems to happen setting up as pop mail. I do have yahoo plus. It work ok but after a while I get the same error messages again. Also it seems when i set up pop, everyonce in a while I wake up in the morning and my phone is dead because yahoo tries to pull down my entire inbox (all 5000 messages). The end result a dead phone with a mail box that is so big i cant delete the messages. Really geting fed up with yahoo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2