PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 06:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Karmashock is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't get Stereo BT headset buttons to work properly

My previous phone was an Apache so this is a pretty big upgrade for me. I had my apache patched to work with A2DP headsets and it worked reasonably. The Touch Pro2 works MUCH better with connecting and playback. However, it is not processing volume changes track changes, or play/pause commands from the headset.

It got some message that popped up immediately after started playing with it that said something about it not being able to change the volume on this device and to rely on the headset to change it's own volume. Ultimately, the volume can be changed on the headset so that isn't a problem, but I'd really like to be able to play/pause tracks and skip tracks.

Anyone know what the problem is?

The headset is the Sony DR-BT21G... and the phone is the touch pro2 from sprint using the standard rom.

Every time I hit the pause button instead of playing/pausing it just goes to the home screen. Doesn't matter what the program is or what else I'm doing. It's very annoying.

Just tested the phone buttons and they don't work properly either. On the Apache pressing the "talk" button the headset would either pick up the phone or prompt for a voice dial. On the touch pro2 it seems to go to phone mode for about 1 second and then go right back to stereo audio mode...

Is there a fix for this?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can't get Stereo BT headset buttons to work properly

Welcome to the Widcomm BT drivers on the TP2. Many people here are also having trouble with their Heaset for incoming calls, emails, texts. Seems they used non Microsoft BT drivers.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83798
HTC says to look at compatible devices ontheir list of approved.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

So... basically BT doesn't work at all right now? I read that thread and it looks like a horror show.

This is really depressing. How can they release this thing when f'ing bluetooth for headsets doesn't work? This is BASIC. >_<

Ok, basic functionality... any idea as to how to fix this so the most BASIC functions work? I don't need anything fancy here. I just want the simple buttons to work. At the very least the pick up/hang up button has to work.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

No no. BT works. It just doesn't work perfectly. Mainly with headsets and handsfree devices and their buttons not sending info to the phone. Example, for my T505 FM handsfree unit, I have to press "hang up" twice to get it to respond. It'll get fixed.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

is there any way to manually map buttons to functions?... or use a program that prompts you to press a button to map them? It seems like an issue of mislabeled hardware keys.

You have this issue every time you plug a gamepad into a pc or if you ever deal with non-standard keyboards. Every time they have to be manually mapped or via some wizard.

It's amazing this is a problem though, the button codes have been standard for years.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

Ok, this is very annoying. I can get my headset to work with Windows Media player but not with any other app. I installed the beta HTC button program which might be why this is working but I'm not sure.

I'm desperate to get this thing functional...
Old 09-19-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

testing this out:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94#post3548894

It's supposed to give this functionality to specific apps. HTC has really pissed me off by not using standard/compatible drivers with this phone. I really ripped off by teh whole thing. Happily I can salvage it by investing some time but that isn't exactly something I enjoy doing...

bah...
Old 09-20-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Karmashock is a n00b

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492947
this is the only thing that has worked so far and ONLY with WMP. I want it to work with everything adhoc like my Apache did... but I'd settle for Mortplayer working.

Only good news really is that turning the screen off on the TP2 doesn't put the device to sleep so you don't need the screen blanking/lock feature that mort had...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2