PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprite or SPBBackup?

I used SPB on my Mogul, after Sprite had a couple of issues. This was all decided over 2 years ago, using the versions out then. SPB seemed better, to me, at that time. However, at least the version I have seems to have caused an issue with the speed dialer. At least the problem went away when I uninstalled it.

Does anyone have any experience with either program on the TP2? If SPB, is it a newer version than they had 2 years ago?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:19 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Sprite or SPBBackup?

Dont know on the TP2, but on my TP1 i rather use the SPB backup.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:45 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If it helps, I have version 1.6.2, is that an older version than people use with TF3D?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

I like sprite...used it for years with no issues...EXCEPT it would not migrate my TP to TP2...had to start from scratch....but It works well without that!
Old 09-19-2009, 01:06 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
I like sprite...used it for years with no issues...EXCEPT it would not migrate my TP to TP2...had to start from scratch....but It works well without that!
Yeah! to migrate from one device to another it has to be the same kind of device. I migrate my treo700wx into my 800w and looks really funny, i knew wasnt going to work but i was just testing, hard reset it and it came back to normal.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

on past devices i used spb backup... i remember a similar thread i came across a year ago, it seemed everyone liked both but the majority seemed to lean towards spb.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sprite works but it took nearly 37 minutes for a restore on my TP2- I did a lot of nail biting during that time thinking that it had crashed several times. I started a support thread here: http://getsatisfaction.com/spritemob...urce=new_topic
Old 09-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

SKTools has a utillity that has the power of AdvancedConfig and has a backup function that transfers all my E-mail and call logs separate from the programs.
ListView columns auto-width fix for WM6.5
I can even browse each archive right on the device.
Extract any file to any where.
Also the Un-Packer works on the PC.
But it also is ROM specific, Just for the cooked in programs.
It can export .reg entries as .cab files.
The free trial only lets you backup 6 items.
But its well worth the $16.99.
http://classic.pocketgear.com/softwa...l.asp?id=14288

http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?m_downloads.html#lite

Check it OUT!!

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:17 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I just realized that I was using an old version of SPB. I am going to try the new version now. I like the full backup programs best, because the restores including everything, all the changes, tweaks, settings, etc., that I've put time into.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well, the new version of SPB shocks me, in that a full backup took about 3 minutes. It took much much longer using the old version on the Mogul. They must have a much better algorithem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2