PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pandora for Touch Pro2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyD View Post
Thanks everyone!

I tried the wvga fix, no luck. The control interface was still unusable.

bobturismo, I followed that link, read through and did about half the instructions. I had installed otterit's cab (the one with the version number at the end), and it gave me the same problem's. So I did the trick where you replace the pandora.exe file with the one from the VGA-Pandora.zip file. It doesn't look perfect, but it looks a ton better and everything is pretty much functioning as it should. The text when you select a channel is still really small, but I can live with that.

Thanks everyone!!

~KennyD
No worries, the one that I'm using is the CAB that I attached in that post.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuff

I used the cab in post 4 then used advanced config 3.3 to change network, TCP window size to 98304. Works like a champ. BTW i have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 that i'm lovin.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Metropcs

travis327 is a n00b

What is advanced config 3.3?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

on a side note, you mentioned that when you click "x" it wasn't closing the program. you hav to tap menu and click on "exit pandora" before it'll actually close.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 10-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

maybe ill try to fix it with advanced config, right now ive been using resco radio and mostly groovefish (which is awesome)
Old 10-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MNCRXSi is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MNCRXSi

I use the HTC Wifi router and just listen to Pandora on my touch. The stream for some reason on Winmo is horrible compared to the iPod touch.
Different streams for different folks?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:44 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCRXSi View Post
I use the HTC Wifi router and just listen to Pandora on my touch. The stream for some reason on Winmo is horrible compared to the iPod touch.
Different streams for different folks?
I dont understand what the two have to do with each other. You connected via wifi you mean?

Old 10-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP something
Carrier: sprints

bootzins is a n00b

I BACK THE HELLCAT. WORKS PERFECT! This helped me!

READ AND DOWNLOAD
http://www.htcwiki.com/page/Advanced+Configuration
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

killerz298 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
Yea i have used that fix but i wonder if changing the TCP window to a smaller size as stated will cause data to move slower on the touch pro2?
Has anyone answered this question yet? I did this hack and can play full songs on my TP2 but I noticed that when I pause the track for a certain amount of time (I'm not sure how long it has to be to do this) when I hit play again the song will play for maybe 10 seconds but then it will switch tracks. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Try it out for yourself and see what happens. Let a track play for like 10 seconds, pause it for 1 minute, then press play again and see if it finishes the track.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post
Has anyone answered this question yet? I did this hack and can play full songs on my TP2 but I noticed that when I pause the track for a certain amount of time (I'm not sure how long it has to be to do this) when I hit play again the song will play for maybe 10 seconds but then it will switch tracks. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Try it out for yourself and see what happens. Let a track play for like 10 seconds, pause it for 1 minute, then press play again and see if it finishes the track.
Keep in mind, this is streaming content so when you pause and resume you will be limited to the buffer size... If you pause too long, the application may cut the stream re-buffer and resume live play... Or it could allow you to resume and listen to the buffered content and once that is play the application muy re-buffer and resume live play...

When you pause, your not pausing the source but the playback on your device...

IMO, this is what you are experencing... Hope my explaination was clear...

I've tested and don't see a difference either way... I personally think we may have to wait till Pandora releases a WVGA version... If you hit there site, it says more supported phones to come...

Besides the smaller text and buttons, the app preforms flawless for me... No lag at all... Audio is a bit low but I can deal with it till we get an updated version...

Best of luck...

Last edited by D\/8; 10-31-2009 at 05:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
pandora, touch pro2