PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Verizon TP2 on AT&T - Data Configuration Help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85756)

CyberVirus 09-18-2009 04:02 PM

Verizon TP2 on AT&T - Data Configuration Help

Help - I'm a newbie to this forum and just came back to WinMo after many years of BlackBerry. I just bought an HTC Touch Pro2 from Verizon and have already unlocked it for use on T-Mobile or AT&T. I'm trying to set up the data configuration so I can access stuff (I have an active data plan). I don't know what to do - can someone help???????](*,) Thank you

**** Also TMobile Settings too - I am going to play with both at my house to see who I like more.

SweetBearCub 09-18-2009 05:12 PM

Re: Verizon TP2 on AT&T - Data Configuration Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberVirus (Post 1176872)
Help - I'm a newbie to this forum and just came back to WinMo after many years of BlackBerry. I just bought an HTC Touch Pro2 from Verizon and have already unlocked it for use on T-Mobile or AT&T. I'm trying to set up the data configuration so I can access stuff (I have an active data plan). I don't know what to do - can someone help???????](*,) Thank you

**** Also TMobile Settings too - I am going to play with both at my house to see who I like more.

Verizon uses CDMA technology, as does Sprint. Even though Verizon & Sprint have a GSM SIM slot in them, as of yet the phone is still locked out on US towers. Until we can get a working Hard SPL, I doubt we will find any way to unlock it.

Sorry.

CyberVirus 09-18-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1177068)
Verizon uses CDMA technology, as does Sprint. Even though Verizon & Sprint have a GSM SIM slot in them, as of yet the phone is still locked out on US towers. Until we can get a working Hard SPL, I doubt we will find any way to unlock it.

Sorry.

:evil4: Funny man - just because I'm new to PPCGeeks doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Well, let's see. Phone arrived at 2:45pm Eastern via FedEx overnight from Verizon Wireless (I upgraded my business account but there's already a Tour on that line). SIM Unlocked by 3:00pm. Test call placed on AT&T at 3:15pm and on T-Mobile at 3:25pm. I managed to swing data configuration on T-Mobile and was surfing the web on EDGE data by 5:00pm and now am looking to configure AT&T Data for the phone. Did I miss something about this lock you and many others keep reporting? The phone works great - I should have email configured by this evening. If anyone can offer up some assistance as to AT&T Data Configuration that would be great. =D>

CyberVirus 09-18-2009 05:19 PM

I stand corrected - must have been doing something funky here at house - I'm still not configured properly via DATA settings. Help!!!! But phone and SMS works fine

isdnmatt 09-18-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1177068)

Sorry.

Yea man. We've been able to use AT&T and T-mobile networks freely with the VZW TP2 once unlocked. I posted a video some time back.

Would you mind sharing those T-mobile data settings? I got my T-mobile prepaid yesterday. My texts work fine, but I can't get data up yet.

christr 09-18-2009 05:47 PM

Cool,so a domestic T-Mobile/ATT SIM will work in this phone in the US? That's neat. I've only tried my Orange/UK SIM in it.

Now to try to get this thing to roam on Sprint's network with my regular verizon phone #... half the time where i'm at my VZ service sucks but Sprint is good (ATT is good also).

--Chris

isdnmatt 09-19-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberVirus (Post 1177084)
:evil4: Funny man - just because I'm new to PPCGeeks doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Well, let's see. Phone arrived at 2:45pm Eastern via FedEx overnight from Verizon Wireless (I upgraded my business account but there's already a Tour on that line). SIM Unlocked by 3:00pm. Test call placed on AT&T at 3:15pm and on T-Mobile at 3:25pm. I managed to swing data configuration on T-Mobile and was surfing the web on EDGE data by 5:00pm and now am looking to configure AT&T Data for the phone. Did I miss something about this lock you and many others keep reporting? The phone works great - I should have email configured by this evening. If anyone can offer up some assistance as to AT&T Data Configuration that would be great. =D>

Mind sharing those T-mobile settings?

stevedusa 09-19-2009 12:26 PM

Great, so now Sprint is the ONLY one that locks you out of the US-based GSM towers.

oanderson007 09-20-2009 04:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this, then soft reset. Edge is slow.

SweetBearCub 09-20-2009 04:15 AM

Granted, I only have a Sprint TP2, but I could have sworn that I read that the necessary support for US GSM 3G had been left out, and that only overseas GSM 3G would work.

bikeandestroyx 09-20-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1180281)
Granted, I only have a Sprint TP2, but I could have sworn that I read that the necessary support for US GSM 3G had been left out, and that only overseas GSM 3G would work.

sprint has theirs locked so no US gsm sim card would work, for the time being. Verizon allows us to use any sim card :mrgreen:, no way verizon's pro 2 is better than sprints from the start? haha just playing.. kinda

SweetBearCub 09-20-2009 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1180294)
sprint has theirs locked so no US gsm sim card would work, for the time being. Verizon allows us to use any sim card :mrgreen:, no way verizon's pro 2 is better than sprints from the start? haha just playing.. kinda

Well I suppose with those crappy data speeds that Verizon calls broadband, you guys need to be able to switch to US GSM service occasionally, although I wouldn't call either T-Mo or AT&T's 3G much of an improvement so far.. :-)

[Dodges rotten tomatoes]

I keed, I keed....

In all fairness, VZW has OK data speeds. But why would Sprint customers want to use US GSM networks? We have great coverage, and even when we don't, we can roam on VZW, and our plans are cheaper than everyone else's on the average, with the possible exception of T-Mo in limited cases.

The only limited use I see for US GSM is for when there is no Sprint or VZW coverage. But since both networks are already extremely extensive, the chances of there being no CDMA coverage but there being usable GSM coverage is.. remote.

bikeandestroyx 09-20-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1180304)
Well I suppose with those crappy data speeds that Verizon calls broadband, you guys need to be able to switch to US GSM service occasionally, although I wouldn't call either T-Mo or AT&T's 3G much of an improvement so far.. :-)

[Dodges rotten tomatoes]

I keed, I keed....

In all fairness, VZW has OK data speeds. But why would Sprint customers want to use US GSM networks? We have great coverage, and even when we don't, we can roam on VZW, and our plans are cheaper than everyone else's on the average, with the possible exception of T-Mo in limited cases.

The only limited use I see for US GSM is for when there is no Sprint or VZW coverage. But since both networks are already extremely extensive, the chances of there being no CDMA coverage but there being usable GSM coverage is.. remote.

haha i could care less about the better data speeds, in my town i get the best service with verizon, faster data speeds than any other network and verizon has been great for us, plus our plan is the same price as a comparable sprint plan lol
honestly i think you sprint fanboys are worse than iphan-boys haha =]
well its nice being able to have options, and theres a lot of people who are buying the cdma versions of the tp2 since tmobile's and unlocked versions dont have 3.5mm jacks and verizons looks better

SweetBearCub 09-20-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1180307)
haha i could care less about the better data speeds, in my town i get the best service with verizon, faster data speeds than any other network and verizon has been great for us, plus our plan is the same price as a comparable sprint plan lol
honestly i think you sprint fanboys are worse than iphan-boys haha =]
well its nice being able to have options, and theres a lot of people who are buying the cdma versions of the tp2 since tmobile's and unlocked versions dont have 3.5mm jacks and verizons looks better

I will say this once, and then I'm dropping it.

I'm happy with my choice of provider, phone, and plan. It works everywhere I go, it's fast & reliable, and it is dirt cheap. I pay less per month than what it would cost for two people to eat out one time at a decent restaurant before tax & gratuity. The customer service has always been accommodating with reasonable requests. When I've needed it, the tech support has been competent.

On the flipside, I'm sure you're happy with VZW for most of the same reasons.

In that case, you can call both of us fanbois. Below your user name, your carrier is listed as Verizon. Below mine, it is listed as Sprint. Listing them is entirely optional. The fields are there (and customizable) so that we can show off our choice of carrier if we wish to. They're not mandatory to fill in. If we weren't fanbois, those fields would be blank.

Argue with me or not, I'm going back to bed and I really do not care. You can stay up and waste bandwidth posting fruitless replies if you must. Or you can choose to drop it as I have with the conclusion of this post.

Goodnight.

r3nzo 10-15-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oanderson007 (Post 1180269)

i tried it but didnt seem to work. did you change you isp settings?

oanderson007 10-15-2009 06:20 AM

No, I tried that at first, and didnt get anywhere no matter what configuration I manually inputed, but found this, applied the cab to my vztp2 and then soft reseted, switched to my prepaid go phone sim card, then tested, at first thought wasnt working, but due to the slowness of edge, it timed out on me using PIE, so then just selected go again and up came the webpage, played around for a few minutes, and got same delay issue, but still seemed to work, then got about 5 min later my text from att stating how much I had used in Kb. I have even done a hard reset on this and then reused the cab, tested and same results. I am also running the shipped vz rom, which is not the actual shipped one that was posted in the cdma upgrades forum on ppc, had issue with something I had installed, and so to totally wipe it I flashed that rom and got back on track, wasnt the cab that was posted though. Hope it helps, if so hit me up with a thanks.:mrgreen:

tinybull12 02-02-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oanderson007 (Post 1180269)

do you know how to unlock imagio sim for att??

nootrak4 03-17-2010 09:10 AM

So does that CAB work for Tmobile 3g. Does the TP2 even support the 3G of GSM carriers after it is unlocked.