PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Verizon TP2 on AT&T - Data Configuration Help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85756)

CyberVirus 09-18-2009 04:02 PM

Verizon TP2 on AT&T - Data Configuration Help

Help - I'm a newbie to this forum and just came back to WinMo after many years of BlackBerry. I just bought an HTC Touch Pro2 from Verizon and have already unlocked it for use on T-Mobile or AT&T. I'm trying to set up the data configuration so I can access stuff (I have an active data plan). I don't know what to do - can someone help???????](*,) Thank you

**** Also TMobile Settings too - I am going to play with both at my house to see who I like more.

SweetBearCub 09-18-2009 05:12 PM

Re: Verizon TP2 on AT&T - Data Configuration Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberVirus (Post 1176872)
Help - I'm a newbie to this forum and just came back to WinMo after many years of BlackBerry. I just bought an HTC Touch Pro2 from Verizon and have already unlocked it for use on T-Mobile or AT&T. I'm trying to set up the data configuration so I can access stuff (I have an active data plan). I don't know what to do - can someone help???????](*,) Thank you

**** Also TMobile Settings too - I am going to play with both at my house to see who I like more.

Verizon uses CDMA technology, as does Sprint. Even though Verizon & Sprint have a GSM SIM slot in them, as of yet the phone is still locked out on US towers. Until we can get a working Hard SPL, I doubt we will find any way to unlock it.

Sorry.

CyberVirus 09-18-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1177068)
Verizon uses CDMA technology, as does Sprint. Even though Verizon & Sprint have a GSM SIM slot in them, as of yet the phone is still locked out on US towers. Until we can get a working Hard SPL, I doubt we will find any way to unlock it.

Sorry.

:evil4: Funny man - just because I'm new to PPCGeeks doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Well, let's see. Phone arrived at 2:45pm Eastern via FedEx overnight from Verizon Wireless (I upgraded my business account but there's already a Tour on that line). SIM Unlocked by 3:00pm. Test call placed on AT&T at 3:15pm and on T-Mobile at 3:25pm. I managed to swing data configuration on T-Mobile and was surfing the web on EDGE data by 5:00pm and now am looking to configure AT&T Data for the phone. Did I miss something about this lock you and many others keep reporting? The phone works great - I should have email configured by this evening. If anyone can offer up some assistance as to AT&T Data Configuration that would be great. =D>

CyberVirus 09-18-2009 05:19 PM

I stand corrected - must have been doing something funky here at house - I'm still not configured properly via DATA settings. Help!!!! But phone and SMS works fine

isdnmatt 09-18-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetBearCub (Post 1177068)

Sorry.

Yea man. We've been able to use AT&T and T-mobile networks freely with the VZW TP2 once unlocked. I posted a video some time back.

Would you mind sharing those T-mobile data settings? I got my T-mobile prepaid yesterday. My texts work fine, but I can't get data up yet.

christr 09-18-2009 05:47 PM

Cool,so a domestic T-Mobile/ATT SIM will work in this phone in the US? That's neat. I've only tried my Orange/UK SIM in it.

Now to try to get this thing to roam on Sprint's network with my regular verizon phone #... half the time where i'm at my VZ service sucks but Sprint is good (ATT is good also).

--Chris

isdnmatt 09-19-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberVirus (Post 1177084)
:evil4: Funny man - just because I'm new to PPCGeeks doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Well, let's see. Phone arrived at 2:45pm Eastern via FedEx overnight from Verizon Wireless (I upgraded my business account but there's already a Tour on that line). SIM Unlocked by 3:00pm. Test call placed on AT&T at 3:15pm and on T-Mobile at 3:25pm. I managed to swing data configuration on T-Mobile and was surfing the web on EDGE data by 5:00pm and now am looking to configure AT&T Data for the phone. Did I miss something about this lock you and many others keep reporting? The phone works great - I should have email configured by this evening. If anyone can offer up some assistance as to AT&T Data Configuration that would be great. =D>

Mind sharing those T-mobile settings?

stevedusa 09-19-2009 12:26 PM

Great, so now Sprint is the ONLY one that locks you out of the US-based GSM towers.

oanderson007 09-20-2009 04:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this, then soft reset. Edge is slow.

SweetBearCub 09-20-2009 04:15 AM

Granted, I only have a Sprint TP2, but I could have sworn that I read that the necessary support for US GSM 3G had been left out, and that only overseas GSM 3G would work.