PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 05:07 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Verizon TP2 on AT&T - Data Configuration Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Granted, I only have a Sprint TP2, but I could have sworn that I read that the necessary support for US GSM 3G had been left out, and that only overseas GSM 3G would work.
sprint has theirs locked so no US gsm sim card would work, for the time being. Verizon allows us to use any sim card , no way verizon's pro 2 is better than sprints from the start? haha just playing.. kinda
Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
sprint has theirs locked so no US gsm sim card would work, for the time being. Verizon allows us to use any sim card , no way verizon's pro 2 is better than sprints from the start? haha just playing.. kinda
Well I suppose with those crappy data speeds that Verizon calls broadband, you guys need to be able to switch to US GSM service occasionally, although I wouldn't call either T-Mo or AT&T's 3G much of an improvement so far..

[Dodges rotten tomatoes]

I keed, I keed....

In all fairness, VZW has OK data speeds. But why would Sprint customers want to use US GSM networks? We have great coverage, and even when we don't, we can roam on VZW, and our plans are cheaper than everyone else's on the average, with the possible exception of T-Mo in limited cases.

The only limited use I see for US GSM is for when there is no Sprint or VZW coverage. But since both networks are already extremely extensive, the chances of there being no CDMA coverage but there being usable GSM coverage is.. remote.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Well I suppose with those crappy data speeds that Verizon calls broadband, you guys need to be able to switch to US GSM service occasionally, although I wouldn't call either T-Mo or AT&T's 3G much of an improvement so far..

[Dodges rotten tomatoes]

I keed, I keed....

In all fairness, VZW has OK data speeds. But why would Sprint customers want to use US GSM networks? We have great coverage, and even when we don't, we can roam on VZW, and our plans are cheaper than everyone else's on the average, with the possible exception of T-Mo in limited cases.

The only limited use I see for US GSM is for when there is no Sprint or VZW coverage. But since both networks are already extremely extensive, the chances of there being no CDMA coverage but there being usable GSM coverage is.. remote.
haha i could care less about the better data speeds, in my town i get the best service with verizon, faster data speeds than any other network and verizon has been great for us, plus our plan is the same price as a comparable sprint plan lol
honestly i think you sprint fanboys are worse than iphan-boys haha =]
well its nice being able to have options, and theres a lot of people who are buying the cdma versions of the tp2 since tmobile's and unlocked versions dont have 3.5mm jacks and verizons looks better

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 09-20-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
haha i could care less about the better data speeds, in my town i get the best service with verizon, faster data speeds than any other network and verizon has been great for us, plus our plan is the same price as a comparable sprint plan lol
honestly i think you sprint fanboys are worse than iphan-boys haha =]
well its nice being able to have options, and theres a lot of people who are buying the cdma versions of the tp2 since tmobile's and unlocked versions dont have 3.5mm jacks and verizons looks better
I will say this once, and then I'm dropping it.

I'm happy with my choice of provider, phone, and plan. It works everywhere I go, it's fast & reliable, and it is dirt cheap. I pay less per month than what it would cost for two people to eat out one time at a decent restaurant before tax & gratuity. The customer service has always been accommodating with reasonable requests. When I've needed it, the tech support has been competent.

On the flipside, I'm sure you're happy with VZW for most of the same reasons.

In that case, you can call both of us fanbois. Below your user name, your carrier is listed as Verizon. Below mine, it is listed as Sprint. Listing them is entirely optional. The fields are there (and customizable) so that we can show off our choice of carrier if we wish to. They're not mandatory to fill in. If we weren't fanbois, those fields would be blank.

Argue with me or not, I'm going back to bed and I really do not care. You can stay up and waste bandwidth posting fruitless replies if you must. Or you can choose to drop it as I have with the conclusion of this post.

Goodnight.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: tmobile

r3nzo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oanderson007 View Post
Try this, then soft reset. Edge is slow.
i tried it but didnt seem to work. did you change you isp settings?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6875
Carrier: Big Red

oanderson007 is a n00b

No, I tried that at first, and didnt get anywhere no matter what configuration I manually inputed, but found this, applied the cab to my vztp2 and then soft reseted, switched to my prepaid go phone sim card, then tested, at first thought wasnt working, but due to the slowness of edge, it timed out on me using PIE, so then just selected go again and up came the webpage, played around for a few minutes, and got same delay issue, but still seemed to work, then got about 5 min later my text from att stating how much I had used in Kb. I have even done a hard reset on this and then reused the cab, tested and same results. I am also running the shipped vz rom, which is not the actual shipped one that was posted in the cdma upgrades forum on ppc, had issue with something I had installed, and so to totally wipe it I flashed that rom and got back on track, wasnt the cab that was posted though. Hope it helps, if so hit me up with a thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows xp
Carrier: att

tinybull12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by oanderson007 View Post
Try this, then soft reset. Edge is slow.
do you know how to unlock imagio sim for att??
Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nootrak4 is a n00b

So does that CAB work for Tmobile 3g. Does the TP2 even support the 3G of GSM carriers after it is unlocked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2