PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro 850
Carrier: Sprint

Edanco55 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Edanco55
Re: WMWiFiRouter on TP2

SPRINT PHONE
Hello everyone. I have a question that is killing me. I was able to tether on my treo pro 850 via bluetooth on my mac (Sprint). I got the new HTC touch pro 2 on sprint. I can not tether anymore. I hear there is a third party application i can buy, however i will still need to download some sort of cabs call ics or something like that. I also hear that the HTC pro 2 can't tether yet but that i should wait until someone unlock it. THEN WE All can tether via USB and Bluetooth.

1. Can someone address my first question. is it possible to tether on my Sprint HTC pro 2? How can i do it? If so, Could you post the steps and the things i need in order to do it. I do not know much so please bare with me.

2. Should i wait until the HTC pro 2 get unlocked like the HTC Pro 1 did?

Thank you in advance and i am sorry for the long post. I was reading all the post regarding this issue and i can't figure it out.

HELP
Old 10-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: sprint

anhminh0 is a n00b

I always have the problem code 67 ???? Please HELP ME
Old 10-24-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zulu is keeping up the good workzulu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edanco55 View Post
SPRINT PHONE
Hello everyone. I have a question that is killing me. I was able to tether on my treo pro 850 via bluetooth on my mac (Sprint). I got the new HTC touch pro 2 on sprint. I can not tether anymore. I hear there is a third party application i can buy, however i will still need to download some sort of cabs call ics or something like that. I also hear that the HTC pro 2 can't tether yet but that i should wait until someone unlock it. THEN WE All can tether via USB and Bluetooth.

1. Can someone address my first question. is it possible to tether on my Sprint HTC pro 2? How can i do it? If so, Could you post the steps and the things i need in order to do it. I do not know much so please bare with me.

2. Should i wait until the HTC pro 2 get unlocked like the HTC Pro 1 did?

Thank you in advance and i am sorry for the long post. I was reading all the post regarding this issue and i can't figure it out.

HELP

1. From one Sprint user to another, yes. You can do it using THIS cab. It's the HTC WiFi Router cab. I've also installed the Stealth Tethering cab located HERE. I don't think you need the latter to tether using HTC WiFi Router but I have it installed in case I want to tether via wire.

Once installed, just look in "All Programs" for an app titled, "Wi-Fi Router." Have your laptop/desktop look for a network labeled "WiFi Sharing" then when your laptop/desktop attemtps to connect and asks for a password, enter "1234567890" and you're good to go. Also, make sure you follow the onscreen prompts on your handheld as well.

I just tethered my buddies new mac last night. I'm an editor, he is a producer who was sitting at a desk behind me while I was working and I had my phone sitting next to me still having my own emails and messages/tweets coming through. It was awesome.

2. No. You can be tethering today.
This post has been thanked 19 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond

zagleft1 is a n00b

Wow. Had to replace my Sprint TP2 6.1 with a TP2 6.5 (due to an unexpected dunking). WMWIFIRouter (original old one) had always worked flawlessly on my first TP2, but the new one wouldn't work at all. Been killing myself for 2 days trying the various ICS cab fixes, etc. with no success. I downloaded HTC app in Zulu's thread above and it connected and worked FIRST TIME! Thanks very much, Zulu!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zulu is keeping up the good workzulu is keeping up the good work

No prob. Glad I could be of service!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

fasterthanyours is a n00b

Yeah that was awesome! I'm sitting here geeking out that I can do this now. I almost always have my phone and laptop with me.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro2

SHOWTIME225 is a n00b

man it works great on my tp2 from sprint thanks a lot
Old 05-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

I am playing around w/ WMwifirouter. I am impressed @ What it can do. Have few questions:

1. Battery temperature quickly climbs to 42 C (expected I guess). On my TP1 battery would stop being charged @ 41 C but seems to still keeping being charged on TP2 even though status monitor in WMwifir says 42 C. Any chance this will shorten battery life (probably I guess? Guess should be limited to usage next to a fan or artic temperature)

2. Do I need to apply any other reg changes or cab beside the ICS and WModem fix.cab to make sure I don't get charged for tether?

3. What's difference between wmwifir and the HTC WiFi Router cab noted in a few prior posts in this thread? more or less the same thing with HTC one being the "lite" ver (less feature set as it is smaller in size and possibly limited to HTC devices)?

Well, I have to say that as wmodem is not working for me on TP2 it definitely give me a chance to explore the pro and cons of several other ways to tether. I am definitely even more impressed (it's not just a phone . Although I do noticethat all the tether methods I've been able to get working so far w/TP2 utilize the same "sprint" ICS connection sharing be it the BT DUN,wmwifir or thr USB. 0f coure if you are connected thr a router, being either wmwifir or a real router, you will have a NAT'ed ip provided to you by the router (unless using DMZ option if available on the router).

Guess i will keep working @ somehow getting wmodem to work unless someone can suggest to me an equivalent way 0f getting a non NAT ip while tether. It has been a fun and educational experience, although frequently frustrating due to sprint renewed effort to clam down on tethering. Wouldn't be surprised sprint also working stop this wifi internet sharing

Last edited by wildpig; 05-29-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

HTC Wifi Router is made by HTC..WM WIFI Router was originally made by a community over at xda I think and it was free until it reached 1.00 and then became a payed app.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
HTC Wifi Router is made by HTC..WM WIFI Router was originally made by a community over at xda I think and it was free until it reached 1.00 and then became a payed app.
So I take that they work more or less the same w/ HTC one maybe having less features and limited to HTC deVices?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2