PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LED Camera "Flash"

I have a Touch Pro 1, and can't imagine not having the LED "flash." I use it for taking pics in low light, but I also use it a LOT as a flashlight.

Has anyone tried to hack an LED onto the Touch Pro 2? It shouldn't be *too* difficult. Just need to tap into the phone's power and drill a couple holes (1 for the LED to shine through, and 1 for a tiny switch to turn on power to the LED when you want it).
Old 09-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: LED Camera "Flash"

LOL!... I know. Its the Pro2 had a led light and magnetron Stylus.. I woul;dnt mind getting it just for the screen size. but only if Sprint sold it to me for 12 dollars.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

It's so damned disappointing that the TP2 doesn't have a flash LED. I used mine on the TP1 as a flashlight as well.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Carry one of these:
http://www.streamlight.com/product/class.aspx?cid=13
thetoolwarehouse.net and many other places carry the original stylus cheap. Much brighter then any phone flash... Yes, i miss the super bright led in my Titan, but these are brighter anyways and can go places a phone can't easily.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

RIP hTorch
Old 09-18-2009, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

furrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to furrelkt

I agree, this stinks, i really used my hTorch!!

ROM: Fresh
Rooted/NAND
Don't forget to give
Old 09-18-2009, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Carry one of these:
http://www.streamlight.com/product/class.aspx?cid=13
thetoolwarehouse.net and many other places carry the original stylus cheap. Much brighter then any phone flash... Yes, i miss the super bright led in my Titan, but these are brighter anyways and can go places a phone can't easily.
I agree with what you're saying, but I really got used to using htorch in my Titan's & then my TP's.

Carrying another light is not the same really, I ALWAYS have my phone with me. No matter how small/light an extra light is, the first time I need it I will have left it on my kitchen table along with my truck keys.......

~John
Old 09-18-2009, 10:42 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I used this FlashLight program on my Diamond and it was good. Works on the TP2 as well.

Check it out here: http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...lashlight.html

I'm attaching the zip, too. Extract it, put the exe on your storage card and then put a short cut in programs. YEA!
Attached Files
File Type: zip FlashLight5.zip (221.9 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW: Touch Pro2, Titan, Vogue, and Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mdjkim is just getting started

I really miss that LED flash as well. It's such a shame that they left it out on the Touch Pro2.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

A hack is now available for those that need a flashlite on the TP2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2