PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Home screen Touch Flo 3D question

When you go to the Today tab in the personal settings and then select which items you want on your home screen I have found that if I select Touch Flo 3D many of the other items like messaging & the device lock do not appear. The minute I uncheck the Touch Flo 3D they do. Why is this happening? Does the Touch Flo 3D override the other choices?

All that appears is the clock, the date, the alarm, call history & the calendar items.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Home screen Touch Flo 3D question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Guy View Post
Does the Touch Flo 3D override the other choices?
That is what is happening. There is a way that home screen items can set themselves to be at the top and override all other choices, and that is what TF3D does.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

Quote:
When you go to the Today tab in the personal settings and then select which items you want on your home screen I have found that if I select Touch Flo 3D many of the other items like messaging & the device lock do not appear. The minute I uncheck the Touch Flo 3D they do. Why is this happening? Does the Touch Flo 3D override the other choices?

All that appears is the clock, the date, the alarm, call history & the calendar items.
are you talking about the "today" settings? those items would display on screen if TouchFLO 3D were disabled. but since TouchFLO 3D is on, the today screen is not shown and none of those other options matter.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty_Two View Post
are you talking about the "today" settings? those items would display on screen if TouchFLO 3D were disabled. but since TouchFLO 3D is on, the today screen is not shown and none of those other options matter.
That is exactly what I am asking about. I would like to have the Touch Flo 3D appear and also have the device lock work at the same time.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
That is exactly what I am asking about. I would like to have the Touch Flo 3D appear and also have the device lock work at the same time.

No can do, sorry about that. BUT what you can do and im not sure if this works for the TP2, as i haven't tried it yet, but you can download this program from xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=513060

What it does is enable a tab in TF3D that you can enable standard today screen plugins. If you try it, report back if it works or not!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hold down the disconnect button (right phone) on the bottom screen. this will bring up the options to lock the screen.

OR

Click settings, all settings, personal, buttons, end key, and set to the preference of your choice.

(Please remember to hit thanks if you find this helpful.)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterit View Post

Click settings, all settings, personal, buttons, end key, and set to the preference of your choice.
Thanks, that worked.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 PM
nels4jc

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I apologize but I am new to this forum and I have an HTC Touch Pro2 that the Touch Flow screen is not working. I can still manually manuver around but cannot send messages or power off the phone. This is the second time this has happened and the first time I took to the Sprint store and he unlocked it in less then a minute but he refuse to show me how to do this. Any suggestions so I don't waste my time standing in line for about half hour before they service me?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nels4jc
I apologize but I am new to this forum and I have an HTC Touch Pro2 that the Touch Flow screen is not working. I can still manually manuver around but cannot send messages or power off the phone. This is the second time this has happened and the first time I took to the Sprint store and he unlocked it in less then a minute but he refuse to show me how to do this. Any suggestions so I don't waste my time standing in line for about half hour before they service me?
Backup anything you don't want to loose and Clear Storage/Hard Reset then restore whatever you backed up.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nels4jc View Post
Sorry for the obvious question but did you try to soft-reset it first ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2