PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

erkme73 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calling anyone w/buyer's remorse...

I would like to make a list of pro's and con's for the TP2. I currently am under contract w/sprint, but that doesn't preclude my interest in all TP2 issues.

Some of my questions:

1. Barebones stock OEM, no apps installed, how does this phone respond to everyday demands for business use.
    • Does the video appear to be better than the TP?
    • Does the time-to-ring incoming calls get improved over the TP?
    • Is the new TP snappier when opening programs, selecting functions, turning to landscape?
    • Is the device buggy - i.e. will not power off, or on without sliding keyboard, pressing soft-rest, or holding power down?
I know there are many separate accounts of how well/poor these work, but I'd like to get a feel for how much of an improvement the TP2 will be above the standard - given that the hardware seems to be virually identical.

I'd love nothing more to than "It works 100x faster, no slugs, no meant-to-click-this-but-asbackwards-delayed-funk-tossed-another-button-on-my-target-click-just-as-I-was-going-to-hit-it thingy. If it's that good, I'll go kidnap a King's kid, demand a king's ransom, and get me one.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

tmac15 is a n00b
Re: Calling anyone w/buyer's remorse...

Well there already is a lengthy post on pros on cons of all TP2's regardless of carrier, it also has the answers to most of your questions.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Everything on it is awesome. It is currently THE king of phones until the Omnia II comes out. The only things they could have done better are: faster CPU, more RAM/ROM, OLED screen, basically everything that is on the Omnia II. That phone and the Leo/Firestone/whatever pretty much have it all. If I had either of those phones I would have nothing further that I want in a phone.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

I'm not a fan of Samsung devices anymore so to me this device trumps all. Leaps and bounds better than my TP, and did I mention the screen....its gorgeous!! Just 1 man's opinion.....

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there are very few cons with the TP2 (at least from my side (sprint)).. it's only missing a flash LED.. that would have been icing on the cake.

It has a decent amount of programs already installed:

Adobe Reader
Calculator
Calendar
Google goodies
Instant Messaging/MSN
Internet Sharing
MS Live Search
MP3 Trimmer
Mail/Outlook
One Note Mobile
World Card Mobile
PowerPoint Mobile
Word Mobile
Excel Mobile
Opera Browser
Pocket IE
Picture/Camera Albums
RSS Reader
Remote Desktop/VPN
A few classic games
Windows Media
YouTube !!!
Media Streaming
File Explorer

And a few other stuff and abilities.
whatever else you need, it's out there to download.

time-to-ring (Cycle slot index) can be tweaked (like any other wmobile phone) if you know the MSL.

it's a pretty quick-responding device and can be tweaked to make some improvements here and there. it switches to any view mode quickly.

the screen is huge, crisp and bright. Keep in mind the screen is a lot bigger and has higher resolutions so considering that, the battery is pretty decent. it's a solid device and feels like a well built phone when you hold it.

the diamond or the first TP felt cheap,. i can knock someone out with this TP2, it's a little heavier than most phone, then again most phones don't have this size screen

currently there is no phone in the market better than this.. i cannot stop playing and tweaking it!

Last edited by sebo; 09-20-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:19 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
i cannot stop playing and tweaking it!
I know!!! Are we geeky or what!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2