PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Songs Not Appearing in WMP but are in Sense?

I have added some songs to my phone and when the library updates in Sense 2.5 the songs show up fine, but even after I press update library in Windows Media Player, some of the songs dont show up while some do. Any ideas as to why? Also is there a good music player alternative to WMP? As I think my next ROM will not have Sense
Old 11-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme
Re: Songs Not Appearing in WMP but are in Sense?

Coreplayer, S2P, Nitrogen, Pocket tunes are a few

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009
I have added some songs to my phone and when the library updates in Sense 2.5 the songs show up fine, but even after I press update library in Windows Media Player, some of the songs dont show up while some do. Any ideas as to why? Also is there a good music player alternative to WMP? As I think my next ROM will not have Sense
They are probably not the correct format.
You could convert them or use another player like the previous poster said.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/21.549; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme
Coreplayer, S2P, Nitrogen, Pocket tunes are a few
I use Nitrogen, myself. When updating my Library in WMP, it tends to crash after the last song. Nitrogen doesn't, and loads your songs or playlist on startup as opposed to WMP where you have to queue them up every time. I've even made a skin (you can find it under the Themes and Software thread) that somewhat replicates iPod functionality to a degree (big buttons, scrollwheel) with volume up/down buttons. You have to set Nitrogen in the options to play songs on next or previous, or you just end up going through your songlist.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

go to wmp, menu at the bottom right, update library...boom!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:19 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

S2P - Pro- I like this one the best.. mimics iPhones music player..you get full screen album art, decent on-screen options, and whn you goto your playlist your songs are in order still by artist,even though it shows song title.. can set the library for your music, so its always there soon as app opens

Con - it shows the true file name in your playlist, so if your file structure isnt nice,clean, and labeled very well - it can look very messy and jummbled.. No skins, well i suppose ive never checked.... AC(developer) got rid of the landscape album cover view and landscape period.. uses a decent amount of RAM

WMP - Pros - simple to sync music over from desktop, low footprint, skins

Cons - cant add/change file types supported, have to goto My music,storage card to show music.. probably more cons too lol

Coreplayer - Pros - will play any file type you can throw at just about.. also great for vid playback.. skins.. has several different "views" for playback.. youtube is built in(ive never tried the feature though)

Cons - its not really a great music player, its more Video than Music... its not Free(though TCPMP is and its almost identical).. half screen album art.. none of the "views" are really any good when playing music..

Nitrogen - never used it.

By far S2P is my fav player for Music and Core is my fav player for Videos

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 11-15-2010 at 11:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've been trying out these different media players and I cant seem to find a playlist manager in any of them. Is there any way I can create playlists and edit them??
Old 11-16-2010, 02:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This is a good discussion.

I use Media Monkey to sync from my PC. You can save as either mp3 or wma files. I convert WAV to mp3 at 320bps. This are very good and go to either player.

You also in WMP have some hidden files in your library... delete them if things get too unreliable.

Finally, why get Windows Phone 7 and throw all this away for what? The ZUNE!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Okay I seemed to have fixed all the songs not showing in in WMP, i simply opened the properties on my computer (right click/properties) and I just edited some of the values the details tab and it seemed to make them show up, strange? As I had most of the values filled in before like the artist and album and such but simply changing some around and adding random ones seemed to make them show up when I update library now whereas before they didnt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2