PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New VZW Visual Voicemail version - Supports Bluetooth, not on our phones

Verizon has a new version of Visual Voicemail available for download from the homepage on your browser. This new version supports playback over bluetooth, but doesn't seem to play nice with our ****comm (Widcomm) stack. Audio will play back through the headset, but the audio channel must manually opened on the headset before bluetooth audio output can be selected. Can anyone come up with a fix?
Old 09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Re: New VZW Visual Voicemail version - Supports Bluetooth, not on our phones

Just so I understand this correctly....

Visual Voicemail takes an audio voicemail message, converts it to text, displays that text on your phone, that is then (supposed to be) read back to you over bluetooth....

And you pay $3 a month for that? Why not just call in and listen to the message lol.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
Just so I understand this correctly....

Visual Voicemail takes an audio voicemail message, converts it to text, displays that text on your phone, that is then (supposed to be) read back to you over bluetooth....

And you pay $3 a month for that? Why not just call in and listen to the message lol.
No, visual voicemail provides a representation of all your voicemails in a text format so that you can select and listen to and delete certain messages or mark them as listened to without having to go through them all. It doesn't convert them to text or read text to you.

Right now with our widcomm stack you have to listen to them through either the speaker or speakerphone unless you manually open the channel and direct all audio to the headset first.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKamokazi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Kamokazi Send a message via AIM to Kamokazi Send a message via Yahoo to Kamokazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamokazi

Think of visual voicemail as kind of a playlist of audio tracks. Says who it's from when it was left, etc. You can then delete them, listen, etc. as you desire. Without calling, entering passcode, going through a million stupid prompts and pressing arbitrary numbers, etc. Basically how Voicemail should have been handled on cell phones for the last 5 years or so. And it should also be free, but whatever, it's a cell company, nickel and dime-ing people is the basis of their business model.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
No, visual voicemail provides a representation of all your voicemails in a text format so that you can select and listen to and delete certain messages or mark them as listened to without having to go through them all. It doesn't convert them to text or read text to you.

Right now with our widcomm stack you have to listen to them through either the speaker or speakerphone unless you manually open the channel and direct all audio to the headset first.
Ahhh ok, got it now. Always thought it was a speech-to-text thingy.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Verizon has a new version of Visual Voicemail available for download from the homepage on your browser. This new version supports playback over bluetooth, but doesn't seem to play nice with our ****comm (Widcomm) stack. Audio will play back through the headset, but the audio channel must manually opened on the headset before bluetooth audio output can be selected. Can anyone come up with a fix?

Link???
Old 09-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
Link???
Open opera on your phone and on the homepage there should be an icon that says "get apps." You can download it there.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work

I hate the fact carriers, VZW included, charge us to dial in and access the service built into our contract, which deducts minutes, as we have to fumble through their system. Using it a few times you get saavy at running through the prompts, but to get around the $3 monthly for VizVM or minutes getting deducted, and having a system that's easier from either, I created a contact in my phonebook, made it speeddial #3, and the contact is -

6092388686,,,,#,2125551234,,,,4321#

2125551234 = my phone number
4321 = my VM pincode
6092388686 = VZW VM Backdoor
, = 2 second pause
# = I think you can figure this out

I hit speeddial, I walk away for exactly 30 seconds. I pick up my phone and VM #1 starts to play. I called Verizon's backdoor VM access (well know and documented numbers for all areas of the US available and easily searchable via Google) and setup a number once to put everything in for me after dialing a free 'Verizon to Verizon' number. Even confirmed the number falls under that plan on VZW's own website. Haven't had an issue for the 2+ years I've been doing this.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by IGGUS; 09-17-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Clarification

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2