PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Water mark sticker. Already red on my TP2 lol! These stickers are pointless!

Ok I returned my TP1 the other day to get a fresh one to sell on ebay since my TP2 was being delivered. I go to swap it out and the tech says hey did you drop this in water? I said no.. because I didnt. He then pointed to the sticker inside the phone and said its red so it means you droped it in water. I said dude I didnt drop that phone in water. The phone works flawlessly do you really think I droped it in water? He then peeled the sticker and said problem solved. LOL

Anyway I get my TP2 I take the cover off and bam the sticker is freaking red already. Not only that but this phone has 2 stickers one just above the USB port its down in. Guess what, that one is red too. MTFER, I told sprint I already set this phone up and it took forever I am not swaping it out for another one anytime soon but they need to mark on my account that I received a phone with red stickers. They said, its common I dont actually need to drop it in water if the humidity is high enough that could set it off.

I was actually pretty peed because I know some rep somewhere is going to say hey your sticker is red we cant do anything for you and the messed up part is that I didnt drop either my TP1 or TP2 in any water. Hech I just pulled the TP2 out and checked it right away just because of the TP1 issue lol. Sure enough it was freaking red. If I need to replace my phone and they tell me I cant because of it they are going to have one angry customer. However I dont see this being a problem for more then a few minutes sprint always seems to give me what I want and I did tell them to note this on the account. They probably filed it under the we are currently pretending to file this on your account file lol.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Water mark sticker. Already red on my TP2 lol! These stickers are pointless!

Do you buy chance live in a Tropical Rainforest climate? haha. Nice story though. I'm suprised the rep was that cool about it.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Re: Water mark sticker. Already red on my TP2 lol! These stickers are pointless!

Yeah I had a red sticker when I got my TP2. Replaced it with the sticker from my TP1
Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

cover it up with a small piece of paper and put tape on it...

It's not fraud. It's protecting your investment.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: help
Carrier: sprint

randy021186 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
cover it up with a small piece of paper and put tape on it...

It's not fraud. It's protecting your investment.

i agree but how do you put tape on the inside sticker?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

I live on the east coast it was maybe 90* when I got this phone. I dont know where the phone shipped from though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2