PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
Honest thoughts on Dead Pixels Plz!

I'm sorry for starting another pixel thread but my intentions are good. I'm not ranting and raving, nor do I want others to. I just have a few questions to ask, your opinions plz.

I have a few dead pixels as of now. Normal use, I can't see them. So I can live with it. But, my fear is a month from now! 3 months! A year! What will happen? Do these pixels really just go dead? Black? If one pixel is dead or stuck, will surrounding pixels start to suffer also?

If knew my screen would stay just like it is now, I'd be a happy camper. THe placement of my dead pixels are on the edge. But, Sprint has sent me a replacement that was way worse than mine. Do you guys think that HTC will fix this issue? Like is it better to wait. I honestly am not gonna go through 10 phones trying to find a "perfect" one. What would yall do? I'm just wanting others opinions, thats all! No need to bash!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Honest thoughts on Dead Pixels Plz!

I have a LCD monitor for my computer that is ~3-4 years old now. Had 2 stuck pixels and one dead pixel when I got it. Moved into/out of college as well as into an apartment after graduating, so it's been through a few rough trips most monitors wouldn't normally see. Still have the same 3 bad pixels. I would say that there is likely a higher risk for pixels to get stuck or go dead in the future if you have them now, but odds are, the same pixels will remain stuck/dead that are there now and that is likely it, unless you drop your phone or subject it to some other shock, which could cause even a perfect screen to have issues. If you don't have a problem with it now, I'd just keep it and make sure you have insurance or an extended warranty added to your plan at some point. Then, if you do start to notice more pixels going bad, it will be much, much easier to get it replaced at no cost to you than if you didn't have either.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I got my phone today and I have one stuck green pixel near the center, also not viewable under normal use. The issue is this pixel is more likely to go dead which would then most likely be viewable under normal use.

Typically pixels are bad in the same area due to faulty manufacturing. I don't believe if you have a bad pixel that it will cause nearby pixels to fail.

I'm going to request another phone and see if it is defectless.

Regardless if people rant, I have two 1920x1200 monitors that have never had any pixel anomaly issues. I believe HTC was under pressure to make the TP2 less expensive than the TP1. These faulty screens are a result.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluruld View Post
I got my phone today and I have one stuck green pixel near the center, also not viewable under normal use. The issue is this pixel is more likely to go dead which would then most likely be viewable under normal use.

Typically pixels are bad in the same area due to faulty manufacturing. I don't believe if you have a bad pixel that it will cause nearby pixels to fail.

I'm going to request another phone and see if it is defectless.

Regardless if people rant, I have two 1920x1200 monitors that have never had any pixel anomaly issues. I believe HTC was under pressure to make the TP2 less expensive than the TP1. These faulty screens are a result.
Fear not, verizon does replace these phones with dead pixels. I have a new TP2 coming tomorrow because I have 2 white dead pixels right under the Windows Start button. Again, not noticeable under normal use but on a black screen or when viewing pictures, they are definitely there. These phones are the cream of the crop and we drop quite a chunk of change on these to just let this slip by. Call them up and ask for a replacement.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

I think I'm calling them up to let them know I'm sending them back the 2nd phone. I will probably request 1 more, and call it good. Just to say I tried. I definetaly will let then know I'm not pleased with this issue. This is a upper end device. And seens to be a common issue. Then after that I'll sit and enjoy my beautiful phone. Don't get me wrong, even with 3 big pixels and many smaller pixel issues, this phone is solid. It is a treat to have.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Gkillratio is becoming a great contributor

I know for the computer Monitors there are programs out that that flash colors for good amount of time, and that will sometimes stimulate the pixels back to life. I wonder if that might work for some of the Tp2. I myself have a Few white pixels, but i dont notice them unless i'm looking.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Cranemachine is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Cranemachine Send a message via Skype™ to Cranemachine

I had about four dead pixels. I paid for my phone outright and am not going to settle for a phone with a bunch of dead pixels. Mine were scattered and were stuck white. I called VZW and they are sending me another one and it should be here by Friday. The first thing I am going to look for is dead pixels.

I will post back on here when it comes in to let you know what the status is. I am not sure how this happens or what the factory does to allow this to happen. You would think they would have some Quality Assurance program that checks every 10th shipment or something.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my wifes diamond has a stuck pixel, my tp2 has a stuck pixel and my lcd monitor has a stuck pixel, and my wifes tp2 arrives today and probably will have 1 or 2 stuck pixels...

i say, unless i can ever see it without staring at it through a magnifying glass in the dark on a black screen, who gives a hootn nanny......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2