PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

richgetsy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I ditch the BB Tour and Get the TP2?

I have a blackberry Tour on verizon. Everything works great no issues with it, however its boring. I had a TP before but the lag was so bad I got rid of it. I've read the posts and the TP2 seems to have resolved that problem.
I've read the TP2 does link to facebook, does anyone use this and does it work? I love the BB facebook app, I just want to make sure before I switch to the TP2.
Does the TP2 still have a major ringer delay?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Should I ditch the BB Tour and Get the TP2?

I don't know. Do you want to keep riding the short bus or study up and earn a ride on the big bus with the big boys and girls?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgetsy View Post
I've read the TP2 does link to facebook, does anyone use this and does it work?
It does link to Facebook, although I'm not sold on its usefulness. You can update your status, and see your friends status within their contact card. You can also sync photos and events for that person.

Quote:
Does the TP2 still have a major ringer delay?
No this is totally gone, as is the keyboard lag in text messaging.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

I think you should stay with your Blackberry. It is for the masses and the masses ask others to help them figure out their needs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Lag is gone as much as possible considering it is a mobile processor. I never experienced a ringer delay with my TP1 but there aren't any issues concerning this with the TP2.

I don't know why you would need a facebook app. Just use opera. This thread gives info on how to get in browser flash support (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544770). First on phone in browser flash option. Skyfire loads the flash on another computer and sends it to your phone.

Though there are many much better IM options you can even use FB IM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=480365)

Pretty much anything is possible with WM. You just have to take the time to learn how to make it all work.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the input. It looks like HTC got it right!
Just asking a question, don't need the bull****
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Relax, we were just playing. BlackBerries seem to be a good phone for a lot of people. We have been talking about getting them for a number of our outside sales reps to alleviate issues that they are having with their WinMo phones. With WinMo there is a learning curve but also a lot more capabilities.

No hard feelings, ok?

XXOOXXOO
Old 09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I should have the TP2 in a couple days. Verizons letting me swap the tour for the TP2, looking forward to it.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

I went from a Curve to a Touch Pro to a Storm and now to a Touch Pro 2. Blackberries are great for the simple fact that they work very well for their intended purposes. When you say boring, I can relate considering all you can basically do is themes. I got used to my Storm and had no issues as far as service and reliability. But since switching to the TP2, I am happy with my decision and haven't looked back. But honestly, only you can seriously answer your own question. This is only my 2 cents!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

While we all are on blackberry topic, I'd like to point out that BES can suck a fat one... Hate that piece of ... software. Enterprise activation is usually hit or miss, with about 80% miss. Why couldn't they have built-in exchange support...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2