PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

allwires is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to allwires Send a message via MSN to allwires Send a message via Yahoo to allwires Send a message via Skype™ to allwires
Software is buggy and inconsistent

Hey guys,

I think the hardware on this phone is great, but I think the software needs polishing. I'm wondering if I am the only one who thinks so.

Here are some examples about what I mean (I have 100% stock rom fyi).
  • When you hit reply after getting a text message, it uses the stock windows messaging screen.
  • When using the HTC messaging it only fixes your text (like capitalization and apostrophes) only if you have the x9 mode on but in the windows mobile one it does it all the time.
  • Completely randomly in threaded messaging the messages that I send don't show up. They still send but don't show up in threaded view.
  • It is hard to get rid of the unread status of text messages and I sometimes have to search around to see which one is still unread
  • When I go into a contact and scroll into the email tab, there are never any emails I received or sent to that person there.
  • Contact pictures from people liked to facebook almost never seem to update or even go up in the first place.
  • You have a different favorites menu if you click favorites from inside the browser and when you click while just on the browser touchflo tab.
  • My wi-fi connection I use to connect at school sometimes works and sometimes tells me I need a certificate. When it tells me I need a certificate it just wipes the connection from my list of connections and I have to set it up all over again.
  • A lot of times when I go to send a message, the place where you type is halfway under the end of the screen and you have to open and close the keyboard to see the full row.
I know there are some others but this is all that comes to mind right now. What do you guys think? I just aggravates me that this hardware is so nice but this software just acts so inconsistently and buggy. Anyone else feel like me?
Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Software is buggy and inconsistent

I do feel the software was a bit rushed, but I'm betting it was to focus more on the 6.5 update coming out in a month or two and to get the phone out the door.

Still, most of what you're describing is annoying but not catastrophic and more just desired functionality more than buggy (aside from the marking things read which is a known bug in that build, I guess). Have never seen the wifi issue you're talking about... but I rarely use wifi.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2