PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help explain/build database of services/apps that auto-run on TP2s

This list came from my Sprint CDMA TouchPro 2. I am interested in knowing what each item does, dependencies (if any), and what would stop working if I disable it (or if I should/shoudn't). I am trying to track down a high CPU utilization bound to shell32 and services. I am also simply interested in stopping services that are not needed. I Googled many, most don't show up with anything useful.

I would appreciate any information. I will put information next to the item I know something about. As folks respond/contribute, I will update this list. If you have a service you like to add, I will do those too.

ALSO: How to I keep the HTC CommManager.exe from starting/running automatically? I am not using TF3D.

Many thanks.

/Windows/Startup

HTCStartUp.lnk/HTCStartUp.exe

PKG.lnk/PKG.exe

BTTrayCE.lnk/BTTrayCE.exe (some sort of bluetooth service tray?)

Services:

DTPT/dtpt_srv.dll (Active-Sync Desktop Pass-Through for network connection)

SqmUpload/sqmsvc.dll (Customer experience upload service)

CERTENROLL/enrollsvc.dll (Some sort of certificate service??)

SWMGMTSERVICE/swmgmtservice.dll

SoftwareDisable/softwaredisable.dll

BTAGSVC/BTAGSVC.dll (Another bluetooth item??)

HTCServices/HtcServices.dll (What sort of HTC Service??)

dald/dald.dll

CIQ/CIQService.dll

BtCeProfiles/BtCeProfiles.dll (Manages BT profiles??)

PhoneExt/PhoneExt_Service.dll (Guessing I need this one? For extended phone functions?)

NOTIFICATIONMANAGER/NotificationManager.dll (So I can get notification popups??)

HTCVOLUME/HTCVolumeControl.dll (The HTC volume control panel??)

EnlargeStartMenu/htcStartMenuService.dll (Self-explainatory, I think)

SMSRetry/Smsretry_service.dll (Retrys SMS if it doesn't send??)

LaunchOMC/LaunchOMC.dll

CIQAppDetector/CIQAppDetector.dll

stk_service/STK_Service.dll

App/App_Service.dll

HTCSipSrvc/HTCSipSrvc.dll (Related to SIP??)

htcDevService/htcDevService.dll (What devices??)

CMGuaridan/CM_Guardian_Service.dll (Something about restoring settings when they are changed, HTC thing, I disabled it)

ussd/USSD_Service.dll

HTCAP/HTCApplication.dll (What apps?)

SNApi/regextdev.dll (I'm gussing this is API registration service?)

OBEX/OBEXSrVr.dll (BT Object Exchange? If I don't need OBEX, can I disable?)

LASSD/lassd.dll

credsvc/credsvc.dll

BTHIDSVC/bthidsvc.dll (BT Human Interface Devices? Keyboard?)
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: Please help explain/build database of services/apps that auto-run on TP2s

I'd love to know what the rest are too... haven't been able to find any decent explanations.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

This looks like a GREAT thread. I will be interested to see what some of the answers are. peace-

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Haha, I wrote up a thread like this on the Touch Pro. No one seemed too interested but it's good to know that there's interest on the Touch Pro2

I'll try to explain everything I have disabled but first let me explain what I have currently WITHOUT visible noticeable loss of functionality:

HKLM\Services\
-BTAGSVC (responsible for Bluetooth audio gateway) [NEEDED if you use Bluetooth at all]
-BtCeProfiles (responsible for the widcomm Bluetooth stack profiles) [NEEDED, disabling this seemed to mess up Bluetooth as a whole]
-credsvc (responsible for evdo connection) [NEEDED, disabling this prevents evdo from working]
-DTPT (responsible for internet connectivity when connected to activesync\wmdc) (OPTIONAL)
-EnlargeStartMenu (speaks for itself) (OPTIONAL, needed only if you use large start menu, that includes the classic large start menu from the original touch pro/diamond)
-GPSConnService (doesn't seem to be any DLLs loaded with this key) [???]
-HTCAP (responsible for some HTC Application services. However, I have no idea which ones.) [OPTIONAL, I removed this entire key, but the subkey WLANOnDemand came back on soft reset]
-HTCSipSrvc (responsible for the HTC SIP loading as default) [OPTIONAL, if you don't use HTC's SIP and you use something else like FingerKeyboard then you can remove this]
-HTCVOLUME (speaks for itself) [OPTIONAL, if you don't care for HTC's volume control you can remove this]
-Keypad (I'm not exactly sure. I removed this entire key but It partially came back with a "Flags" entry) [OPTIONAL]
-LASSD (Responsible for security/device lock) [CRITICAL, removing this will cause Windows Mobile to not load, forcing you to hard reset]
-LaunchOMC (Responsible for update profile/firmware/prl functions) [OPTIONAL if you use those features in Settings>System]
-NOTIFICATIONMANAGER (Responsible for HTC's notification manager that you see when you tap icons at the top of the screen) [OPTIONAL if you like HTC's notification manager]
-NOTIFY (Responsible for various Windows Mobile notification activities) [CRITICAL, removing this will cause all sorts of weird things to happen to your phone]
-OBEX (Responsible for OBEX over Bluetooth) [OPTIONAL if you use Bluetooth or frequently transfer files over Bluetooth]
-Power (Responsible for some sort of power monitoring?? I removed this key but it came back with a "CurrentState" subkey) [OPTIONAL, removing this caused no adverse effects on my phone]
-PushInternetEngine (Responsible for HTC's Push Internet service in TF3D. I removed this and it came back with a "flags" subkey) [OPTIONAL, If you want to save battery life or don't use Push Internet you should disable Push Internet then remove this key]
-Trusted (Responsible for SIM card and push (MMS, Exchange?) activities. Normally, I delete this, but since our phones are Global, I noticed entries in here that are related to SIM cards so I kept it.) [???]
-USSD (Not exactly sure, I think it's covered in my other Touch Pro Services Guide. I forgot. After removing this key, it came back empty on the next soft reset.) [OPTIONAL, deleting this caused no adverse effects]
-Windows Live (Needed for anything Windows Live related, as well as syncing a Hotmail account. Removing this key brought it back empty on the next soft reset) [OPTIONAL if you use Windows Live at all, you will want to keep this.]

Last edited by freeza; 10-08-2009 at 01:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

thanks! I too am overwhelmed by the hundred or so new packages or new packages that shipped with the TP2... trying to trim it down results in what I call... dependency-hell
Old 01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

hdiffly is a n00b

Freeza,

Your original Touch Pro Services Guide has been an invaluable tool that I've referred to more than just about any other. I've been a bad member of PPCGeeks for years now, basically lurking around, taking advantage of others vast knowledge. That guide has saved me countless hours of research on those once a month or two occasions that I have enough time to kill to try a new rom, or in those dire moments when I have to rebuild my PPC.

Just got my Touch Pro 2 yesterday, so have again been referring to the original. Man, the amount of new services in the Touch Pro 2 is killing me, but at least I had a start.

My bad for not making a comment in that thread until now.

And thanks for the reminder in this post of the original work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2