PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: cell signal issues with vzn tp2

my verizon tp2 also is setup this way
AN / AAA Authenticated says "1 = Authenticated"

i actually have my old touch pro and my new tp2 both active and have been using them together the past few days. i have to say in my area (columbia,sc) the phones function pretty much the same as far as signal.

i actually work right by the interstate and have a tower right by here. i usually get a great signal and EVDO. but since reading this thread i have realized that my tp2 is one 1x a good bit.

i did a *228 option 1 when i first got the phone, and then later i did and *228 option 2. well after reading this thread i did another *228 option 2.
well the phone reset and comes back up with EV, but quickly switches to 1x.

watching it now it seems to lose all bars when going to EV. or is that supposed to happen????

my old touch pro is right beside it and it seems to be holding on to that EV signal.

should i try that hybrid PRL? will that fix the issue of the phone not staying in EV mode?

**update
i am watching very close now and the phone seems to be going back and forth from 1x and EV.
also, when i get a call it switches from EV to 1X. also when its on EV i get maybe 1 bar, but when its on 1x i get 4 or 5 bars.
everytime i call it i watch it switch from EV and go to 1x. is that supposed to happen? when i hang up it goes back to EV with no signal.

Last edited by bignadad; 09-16-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

I'm actually surprised that folks are experiencing signal issues with their TP2. I've only had mine for a day now but so far I've actually seen an increase in signal strength in most areas along with faster browsing.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

I'm also having this issue. I have had the phone since Saturday.

I keep dropping in and out of EV and today I've been in 1x all day with 4 bars.

My authentication was fine, but now it says 221 = 221 = 221 over and over so something is getting messed up.

The last two times it did this, the only thing that fixed it was a *228 option 1 again. Now that's not working either. Gonna call tech support probably later today.

There's definitely something going on though.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

could this be a problem with the custom taskbar im using?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
could this be a problem with the custom taskbar im using?
Doubt it. I'm almost completely stock and have not changed anything related to themes and I'm having the problem.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
I'm also having this issue. I have had the phone since Saturday.

I keep dropping in and out of EV and today I've been in 1x all day with 4 bars.

My authentication was fine, but now it says 221 = 221 = 221 over and over so something is getting messed up.

The last two times it did this, the only thing that fixed it was a *228 option 1 again. Now that's not working either. Gonna call tech support probably later today.

There's definitely something going on though.
In case this helps someone else, I'm going to post the same info I sent to you in a PM:

Quote:
I'm not having any issues now, but I called Verizon and asked to spoke with data tech support. I specifically told them that my phone had a debug program that displayed whether my EVDO session is authenticated or not. I told them the AN/AAA authentication value was a bunch of #'s, and that based on my experience it should say authenticated. They reset my password and afterward had me do a *228 option 1. After I did that the phone soft reset and I've had consistent 3G connections ever since. You need to make sure your old phone, before the TP2 is powered off, and when you call them make sure you call them from a land line. Let me know how this works out. It's very frustrating to see that 1X symbol when you are paying so much more $ for Verizons service.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
my verizon tp2 also is setup this way
AN / AAA Authenticated says "1 = Authenticated"

i actually have my old touch pro and my new tp2 both active and have been using them together the past few days. i have to say in my area (columbia,sc) the phones function pretty much the same as far as signal.

i actually work right by the interstate and have a tower right by here. i usually get a great signal and EVDO. but since reading this thread i have realized that my tp2 is one 1x a good bit.

i did a *228 option 1 when i first got the phone, and then later i did and *228 option 2. well after reading this thread i did another *228 option 2.
well the phone reset and comes back up with EV, but quickly switches to 1x.

watching it now it seems to lose all bars when going to EV. or is that supposed to happen????

my old touch pro is right beside it and it seems to be holding on to that EV signal.

should i try that hybrid PRL? will that fix the issue of the phone not staying in EV mode?

**update
i am watching very close now and the phone seems to be going back and forth from 1x and EV.
also, when i get a call it switches from EV to 1X. also when its on EV i get maybe 1 bar, but when its on 1x i get 4 or 5 bars.
everytime i call it i watch it switch from EV and go to 1x. is that supposed to happen? when i hang up it goes back to EV with no signal.
your phone will always drop to 1x during a call or sending or recieving text.... thats why texting eats battery, your constantly switching from evdo to 1x and back and forth.... thats normal on that part...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto A4500
Threadstarter

jhalsey205 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalsey205 View Post
I also just *228 option 1 (re-programing the phone), and thus far, i am maintain 3G (evdo) signal...

...I will call VZN customer service in the morning and request the "Hybrid PRL" activated as well.
Well, I am back to 1x. I called customer service and requested Hybrid PRL activation (which will take a couple of days.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalsey205 View Post
Well, I am back to 1x. I called customer service and requested Hybrid PRL activation (which will take a couple of days.
How many 1x bars do you have now? How many did you have with EV? I don't think the Hybrid PRL is the issue.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto A4500
Threadstarter

jhalsey205 is a n00b

i had 1 to 2 "3G bars" (rarely a 3rd would show up). my 1x usually shows 3 (but sometime showing 2).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2