PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone get one from ebay yet?

I did, and it'll be here tomorrow. Hopefully it is as described. Said clean ESN, seller had 99.4% feedback and 3300 or so sells.

I tried to get something off from Sprint and had no luck. I was told $25 for a 1yr contract renew and a $75 for a 2yr renew. (I have the SERO $30)

Had the Treo 700p for 2yrs+ and Sprint for 5yrs or more and they didn't even budge.

Anyway I did the math, and even at the $75 off the $600, that's still $525.

I got mine for $549.99+ Free shipping -8% Bing cash back =$505 So I came out AHEAD of any Sprint rebate, and dont have to renew a contract.

Now yes I am on a F&F 500 SERO, and would THINK that I would have that plan another two years, but what if I get something in the mail that says no more SERO for you? Then i'm stuck with 2yrs.

Can they do this? I dont know, but so far so good. If they did, I wonder what they would do for all of us?

The only thing I can think of would be to allow newer phones NOT to be allowed on our plans. Cause if you think about it, they aren't changing our plans, just phones that can be used with them. So eventually we have no phone option besides a standard slide out or so with just text capabilities and the like that most high school kids and junior high kids carry around

Hopefully I wont have problems activating tomorrow. Plan on just e-chat and telling them I need to swap an ESN.

I also have a squaretrade 50% off coupon and may see if I can get a service plan for the phone. At 50% it should be pretty cheap.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Anyone get one from ebay yet?

Crossing my fingers for you
Old 09-15-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Crossing my fingers for you
Me too. Came from a wholesale company with a an ebay store, power seller, good feedback, so I took the plunge. Also CLEAN ESN Guaranteed! or MONEY BACK

Other auctions were close if not more to that price, but with the 8% cash back it came out ok.

If Sprint wasn't gonna budge much, I wasn't gonna renew a contract for 2yrs. Lets hope SERO doesn't vanish.

Now hopefully Sprint wont give me problems swapping ESN. I wouldn't think they would.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor

I got one from craigslist for 500, and he has more if anyone is in STL and wants one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2