PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Problems with U-Connect (handsfree) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84878)

dodgeboy 09-15-2009 09:08 AM

Problems with U-Connect (handsfree)

I've been noticing relatively consistent problems with answering and hanging up calls with my U-Connect system in my Dodge Ram. I never had a single problem with it on my Touch Pro (1). Occasionally, when getting an incoming call, I won't be able to answer it from the radio (but the ringing will start to come through the car speakers after I press the answer button). And almost every time I try to end a call, U-connect will report that the call has ended, but the call will still be in progress (and still connected to bluetooth). Sometimes it will hang up 10 seconds later, and sometimes it will never hang up.

This is very disappointing and frustrating... Certainly a big step backwards in the bluetooth department, going from a TP1 to a TP2. It looks like the TP2 has some crazy proprietary BT stack on it, which I am sure is to blame.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? As much as I don't want to, this might be a reason for me to return the phone. I really enjoyed how well the TP1 worked with my U-Connect system.

Dave

dallas contractor 09-15-2009 10:15 AM

Re: Problems with U-Connect (handsfree)

I do not know how Uconnect works, but some here have had problems with the phone call not disconnecting on their headset. Call will hang on 10 seconds, one poster said he had to double tap the headset to disconnect.

dodgeboy 09-15-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 1166871)
I do not know how Uconnect works, but some here have had problems with the phone call not disconnecting on their headset. Call will hang on 10 seconds, one poster said he had to double tap the headset to disconnect.

That's similar to what I'm dealing with (the 10 second hang). This is pretty disappointing, especially if it's happening with both headsets and handsfree connections. I wish they wouldn't mess with things that work just fine in the previous version.

Dave

dallas contractor 09-15-2009 11:20 AM

I wish I understood why they went with Wincomm BT and not Microsoft it was proven to work. Maybe you should contact HTC support.

dodgeboy 09-15-2009 09:50 PM

Is it possible to replace this stack with the MS stack from the Touch Pro?

ssteven365 09-15-2009 10:59 PM

I'm having the same problem in both my Avenger and Journey. Hope this is fixable in some way.

dodgeboy 09-15-2009 11:02 PM

Me too... It is getting more frustrating each time I use it. I also can't get the darn thing to pair with my Jawbone II.

dallastx 09-15-2009 11:03 PM

Yes happens to me on factory bluetooth in 2010 MKZ...I couldn't even hang the phone up it stayed in 1x mode and call connected. I had to make another call and hang up to get the first call to hang up.

JZ* 09-15-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallastx (Post 1168904)
Yes happens to me on factory bluetooth in 2010 MKZ...I couldn't even hang the phone up it stayed in 1x mode and call connected. I had to make another call and hang up to get the first call to hang up.

Wow..guess I should have searched this issue (I know better too)...I jsut had Jawbone send me a replacement Prime for failure to hang up the call! Oh well...guess it will be new!

I too want to know if they can replace the BT Stack...anyone? maybe 6.5?

mdphoenix 09-15-2009 11:18 PM

I can confirm problems as well. I have a Motorola 505 handsfree FM transmitter gizmo. I have to press hang up twice to disconnect a call. It's happened since day one.