PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Re: Problems with U-Connect (handsfree)

Well, I guess I have to rephrase. Double-Tapping on my handsfree doesn't work either. I have to press end, wait a second or two, then press it again. It's almost like the phone has to be notified that I'm sending it a command and get ready for it.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I do not see how this was ever tested by HTC as they said in the reply to me. Did they save money by using Wincomm and not Microsoft BT stacks?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

It is a mystery....
Old 09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lynnpreston is a n00b

Response from HTC:
Hello Lynn, Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support regarding your Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2. I understand how frustrating it can be when your device does not work properly with your Bluetooth headset and would be happy to assist you. Have you tried using another Bluetooth headset? There could be a compatibility issue between the headset you are using and your device. Our devices do not support all Bluetooth headsets. Compatibility alone does not guarantee perfect operation: issues like an unknown PIN code, unusual Bluetooth settings, signal interference, and other factors may still require your attention when using your HTC device with the Bluetooth product. We strongly encourage you to read over the User Manual of both your device and your Bluetooth accessory to fully understand how they are supposed to operate. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. You can always find useful information regarding our HTC devices on our self-help user forum at: www.htcwiki.com. In addition, you can find a customer satisfaction survey at: http://survey.htc.com/worldwide/. Thank You, Stephanie HTC Technical Support Team

My reply back:
Hello, First, thank you for the quick reply. I have also tried with a Jawbone 1, Jawbone 2, and a Plantronics Voyager with the same results. I have been using Bluetooth headsets since 2003, and have had HTC devices for the last 3 years (Titan, Touch Pro 1, and now Touch Pro 2), and have never had an issue like this before. This clearly appears to be a problem with the Widcomm Bluetooth stack in the Touch Pro 2 (the previous devices used the Microsoft Bluetooth stack). Any fix you guys can provide would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I did not get anywhere with my complaint on Saturday or Sunday, they are not going to take Responsibility with the wrong drivers they went with, most likely the cost difference. Hoping that they with issue a update to correct the drivers for BT. Side note they never did a update to fix the mistake with incoming calls on TP1
Old 09-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

I'm having problems ending calls and getting voice command to initiate with the headset button also. Shutting off my headset (Jawbone Prime) and reconnecting it seems to help the problem. It is most problematic for me when I have the headset already on when I boot the phone and the headset connects during the boot process. I also have noticed it takes significantly longer for the audio channel to open and accept microphone input with voice command than it ever did on my touch pro 1. This Widcomm stack is garbage.

IIRC, the 6600 also had a widcomm stack that was equally bad.

Last edited by helix139; 09-16-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnpreston View Post
Just for the record, double-tapping the call button on the headset does NOT end the call for me. Most times it doesn't do anything. Sometimes the call will end 10 seconds after I hit the call button.
It also does not end the call for me. I frequently can't answer the call with a single press, either.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor

My response from HTC:
I can understand how important it is to be able to connect your Sprint Touch Pro2 to your Bluetooth car kit. I would like to first begin by informing you that our HTC devices do not support all Bluetooth headsets. Compatibility alone does not guarantee perfect operation: issues like an unknown PIN code, unusual Bluetooth settings, signal interference, and other factors may still require your attention when using your HTC device with the Bluetooth product. We strongly encourage you to read over the User Manual of both your device and your Bluetooth accessory to fully understand how they are supposed to operate. I would recommend that you attempt to connect your device to another Bluetooth device to see if you are experiencing the same problems, I have attached a document of the Bluetooth devices we have tested. I would also like to make the recommendation that when you connect your phone to your car kit, that you then slide over to settings tab, select all settings, tap on the connections tab and in here I would like to make sure that the hands free setting is enabled on your phone, you can check this by tapping on the Bluetooth device’s partnership and then making sure that hands free is checked on and saved. I would also recommend trying to tap and hold on the Bluetooth device and setting it as hands free. I want to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. I want to thank you for contacting HTC. In order to help improve our service I’d like to invite you to take a survey at http://survey.htc.com/worldwide.

What a joke... I'm pretty sure having to press the end button multiple times is not how it is "supposed to work."
Old 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I've received no response as of yet. But for the first time I just tried pairing my phone to my laptop and it's not working. At all. Strangely, I can pair my TP to my TP2 and I can pair my TP to my laptop. But not laptop to TP2.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lynnpreston is a n00b

Couldn't a ROM be cooked that includes the MS Bluetooth stack instead of the Widcomm? This is unacceptable, yet I don't get the vibe HTC is going to fix this anytime soon.

I also called VZW data tech support and lodged a complaint. The guy was very nice and wasn't condescending at all (unlike HTC). He understood where I was coming from and said he's pass along the obvious bug we had uncovered. I urge everyone else with this problem to call and email VZW in addition to HTC on this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2