PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Windows Mobile Device Center sync issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84613)

antjones21 09-14-2009 10:42 AM

Windows Mobile Device Center sync issue

I need help, I recently installed Windows 7 Professional on my desktop Pc. I then installed Windows Mobile Device Center and Microsoft Outlook so I can sync/backup my contacts. Well now when I try to sync my phone Windows Mobile Device Center gets an error. I tried to sync it with my laptop that is running Vista Ultimate and i get the same thing. I think I probably need to hard reset my phone but I can't because I don't have a backup of my contacts since I reformatted my desktop pc. Anyone know what the problem could be with my phone that's causing it not to sync? Or what is another useful tool to backup contacts. I have Microsoft My phone and it won't let me backup contacts cuz I already have it set to backup thru Outlook.

Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks.

ZuneNinja! 09-14-2009 12:20 PM

Re: Windows Mobile Device Center sync issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by antjones21 (Post 1164018)
I need help, I recently installed Windows 7 Professional on my desktop Pc. I then installed Windows Mobile Device Center and Microsoft Outlook so I can sync/backup my contacts. Well now when I try to sync my phone Windows Mobile Device Center gets an error. I tried to sync it with my laptop that is running Vista Ultimate and i get the same thing. I think I probably need to hard reset my phone but I can't because I don't have a backup of my contacts since I reformatted my desktop pc. Anyone know what the problem could be with my phone that's causing it not to sync? Or what is another useful tool to backup contacts. I have Microsoft My phone and it won't let me backup contacts cuz I already have it set to backup thru Outlook.

Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks.

What does the error message say? Be descriptive. Also, if you want to try the hard reset and keep your contacts use this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705 I use it every time I flash a new ROM on my TP. Works great

antjones21 09-14-2009 12:28 PM

There isn't an error message. just a red box with an "x" inside of it and under the box it just says error. Like i plug the phone in and then the status says "connecting" then the red x pops up and says error and I don't have any options to troubleshoot or anything.

ZuneNinja! 09-14-2009 12:35 PM

Interesting. It's strange that it says connecting and just stop with no real error message. Yeah I guess I would back up your contacts and try a hard reset. When you use PIM backup, make sure you are installing the program on your sd card as well as the backed up data. Good luck.

reedsammy7 01-10-2010 12:56 AM

i am having a similar issue...when i bought my laptop that came with windows 7 i downloaded the windows mobile device center and my phone was able to sync right up.....no when i plug my phone up via USB it says device not connected.....when i change ports it says there is a unknown device connected and when i look at the pop up it shows different error numbers.....i really need to be able to sync my phone with this ....it is very important....can anyone help or is anyone having the same issue?

xefe 05-05-2010 08:38 PM

bump having this stupid red X error, with no code. Just ERROR. I was copying over a 32gb file to my phone when WMDC closed and it came to this. Ive tried uninstalling WMDC, Ive hard reset my phone. Ive deleted parternships on my phone. any help would be appreciated.

it randomly started working, after numerous plugin/unplugs
baseball bat to WMDC and Microsoft

EDIT AGAIN... NOT WORKING AGAIN FOR SOME STUPID A** reason

jerryyyyy 05-05-2010 11:08 PM

Would search this forum on the issue, but one thing to try is to try to sync via BT. Start setting up from phone. If it is a USB issue, you can get around it that way.