PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

larado1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
problem loading cabs on tp2

I am trying to load cabs on my tp2 I move the program (example) no curtain to my storage card open it with file explorer then click on setup it opens up my ie program with the address of ( file:localhost/storage%20curtains/_SETUP.Xml)
I dont know why it is opening internet explorer up and not running setup I cant run any setup files anyone know what I am doing or what is wrong?

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Re: problem loading cabs on tp2

First just to make sure...when you copy the CAB to your storage card, does it copy the single CAB file there or are the contents somehow being extracted to the card? If so, then you need to make sure just the CAB file on its own makes it to the storage card.

If you are seeing just the cab file on your storage card, it sounds like you are opening up the cab file i.e. when you tap it in File Explorer, does it first open Pocket RAR or something similar? Normally when you tap on a cab, it starts the install process...it does not open the cab and show you the files within it. You should not be seeing the setup file and therefore should not be tapping that. That's why you're seeing IE launching.

When you tap the cab and see setup, what program is actually active at that point...is it still Explorer? Or has it launched Pocket RAR? If you can verify that it may be easier to help with an answer.

Technically though you simply launch File Explorer, navigate to your card, locate the cab file and tap it. It will then install automatically and the only other thing you'll normally see is the prompt to install to the device or to the card.

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-13-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

larado1 is a n00b

if an app file needs to run setup it will not work a straight cab will the files have been extracted and are not compressed
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

larado1 is a n00b

Now that I think of it when I moved my files to my touch vogue it would tell me that it was preparing the file for the phone this isnt the case for this tp2
Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: winmo 6.5

thisisallnew2me is a n00b

i'm having similar problems with some of my cabs as well. i had to reflash my rom and as i was reinstalling certain cabs it would install unsuccessfully. i have the new updated mighty rom, and when i try to install the sprint tv cab it wont allow, the mighty rom blue satin it wont allow and the ninja droid taskbar it wont allow, and lastly the sms cab. but thank goodness it'll allow some of my other cabs. any ideas?

i'm wondering if the 16gb sd card i got off of ebay was corrupted in some way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2