PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kendal0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hard Reset Verizon Touch Pro2

I just did a hard reset on my Verizon TP2 and the instructions in the manual are correct (unlike the reference in the manual to the included screen protector!). The key is the hold the 3 keys down until the reset screen comes up, then release them all at the same time. If you don't, it just does a soft reset; I had that happen twice. I do like that Verizon gave us a choice to remove the carrier customizations this time, but since there are very few 'gimps' on this phone, you don't really need to.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Threadstarter

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by southphillysean View Post
i think the threadstarter gets the point.

No, but I wish he did!

8notime, what - exactly - did you do? How did you get this to work... still to this moment I still can't do it.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGUS View Post
No, but I wish he did!

8notime, what - exactly - did you do? How did you get this to work... still to this moment I still can't do it.

Thanks.
If the phone is booted up, hold the End key to power it completely down.

Then hold the Volume Down, Green Phone Button, and Red End Button at the same time.

If you wait a few seconds you will see it go into bootloader. Keep holding and then you will see the white screen come up with 3 options. Option 1 & 2 both do the same things as far as I can tell (I did them both). You will have to *228 option 1 when it comes back up & reprogram your phone.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARNING*

If you use clear storage, it WILL format your microsd card too.

Lesson learned the hard way when I had my touch pro1.

I just did this 5 minutes ago... due to TSowens taskbar causing problems with my system... Did a clear storage... and it most certainly did NOT delete my card... man that would have pissed me off it did tho!!! 14 gigs od music, movies, and cabs that I collected, plus games... I would have hurt someone if I lost that
Old 09-14-2009, 08:33 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARNING*

If you use clear storage, it WILL format your microsd card too.

Lesson learned the hard way when I had my touch pro1.
Quote:
Sure, I was just mistaken that when I did clear storage that my microsd card just so happened was wiped out at the same exact time. Coincidence I'm sure.... Even if you use the regular hard reset method, I would still always remove your microsd card just in case.
Im sorry to hear of your problems with sdcard, But why would anyone not have a backupof both their card and of their phone ?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DroidX...TouchPro2
Carrier: verizon

tillithz is keeping up the good worktillithz is keeping up the good work

with a hard reset, does it put back any registry edits done? does it remove and reverse any cab's installed?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillithz View Post
with a hard reset, does it put back any registry edits done? does it remove and reverse any cab's installed?
doing a hard reset returns it to the state it was in when you pulled it out of the box "new".
no regedits or cab installs will be there
Old 11-02-2009, 01:56 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Just did a hard reset on my Verizon TP2 (With the phone turned off, press & hold Vol down + Talk + End), I noticed a typo. instead of restore, it says "resotre". Lol
Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bobby yarrow is a n00b

Just did my first hard reset with my VZW TP2, and the instructions above are right. With phone off, vol down + red key (power) + green key (talk). I found it easier to do with the back off, because the volume down button is isolated from vol up.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

To the guys who think it's impossible to wipe out your card that way, I hope you BU your card religiously.

Sure, it's a fluke when that happens (& doesn't happen often) but I have had it happen twice, both times in a TouchPro (& it was two different phones)

One time was on a hard reset & the other when I flashed a new ROM. It was no big deal to me as I had a current BU of the card on my LT both times, but it definitely wiped out every spec of data on the card both times........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2