PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

homerandabe69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BestBuy TP2: Please don't post unless .......

I went to best buy in late september to see if they had the TP2 for sprint since they didnt have it at the corporate sprint store yet. The genius at the desk told me that the phone isnt carried anymore as they switch out new phones about every two weeks. They got rid of it to make room for the palm pre apparently.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732

BB told me that they will not get them until right before Christmas and after Thanksgiving for 199 with a two year contract.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MLSFAN20 is a n00b

I went to Best Buy about a week ago to ask for my friend who was interested in the Verizon's version of TP2 if they would be getting them in stock. That was perfect timing as the Verizon rep was there as well. She had indicated that they "probably wouldn't be getting those as it is a first party exclusive" meaning the only way to buy the phone is through Verizon itself. I wonder if that goes for all TP2's.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ScottHarris is a n00b

I have been getting some serious mixed signals on this. I had two people at BB tell me they are not going to sell the TP2 and a person at the Sprint store told me that they will not have the TP2 in stores until the demand goes up. I told them I thought it was one of the highest demand phones out there and the person laughed at me and said something to the effect of “I guess that is true depending on who you listen to”.

I think it is darn strange that the Hero is at BB and the Sprint store they day it releases but I still cannot get TP2 without calling telesales and paying a premium for it. I would not expect the $199 price at BB either. I spoke to a corporate rep and they told me that price will only be available to people in corporations where the corporation pays the phone bill and/or pays for the phone. I am not sure I fully understand that deal but that is what they told me.

I would love to see it a BB simply because there is no rebates to deal with but I am not sure if it will happen soon. My phone is on its last leg and I am trying to keep it around until BB gets the phone. Just hope it happens soon.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Insatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Insatiable

The BB here in Houston that I called stated they didn't think they'd be carrying it cause they were gearing up for Sprint's version of the android to come out and push that one before xmas.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:25 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

When I was trying to find a store to pick up a TP2 in person, one of the sprint salesmen at a store I called said to try Best Buy. This was like Monday or something.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:26 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insatiable View Post
The BB here in Houston that I called stated they didn't think they'd be carrying it cause they were gearing up for Sprint's version of the android to come out and push that one before xmas.
I guess they mean the hero?

I played with that thing. It's great for the price, but the TP2 would definitely sell also. I don't understand the mentality of businessmen. It's impossible to focus on more than one phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2