PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need feeback from tt7 and garmin users please

i have tried both programs on my tp2 only to discover major lag in routing...i already spent enough money and am prepared to spend a little more if someone can confirm they have a program that is dead balls accurate. With tt7 and garmin it has me at least 30yds away from an intersection as im passing thru it.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Re: Need feeback from tt7 and garmin users please

There are a couple others like iGo8 and CoPilot.. and even a free one amAze..

But I've never found one that anyone can agree on. Some people swear by TomTom and others swear by Garmin (like me), others swear by theirs... I guess it matters where you are and what else you have running on your phone and what ROM and probably a whole lot of other factors. Best advise is to find free trials (or failing that, a "trial" from forums) and test it out. If you like it, buy it.

I don't have TP2 in hand, but on my VZW TP1, Garmin keeps *pretty* accurate about when I turn and where I am. When I start getting onto tiny roads in the boondocks or roads not on the map (like parking lots) it's a little less so, but overall works great. I've never missed a turn because it showed me I was that much farther back than I was.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

igo 8 has popped up a few times can anyone else chime on in igo 8?
Old 09-12-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid "X"
Carrier: Verizon

navychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
igo 8 has popped up a few times can anyone else chime on in igo 8?
iGo8 on my Sprint TP2

8.3.2.93112 June 8th 2009
Maps - Navteq 2008.Q4

Old 09-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by navychief52 View Post
iGo8 on my Sprint TP2

8.3.2.93112 June 8th 2009
Maps - Navteq 2008.Q4

how is it for accuracy?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

+1 for iGo8. It is amazing
Old 09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have been rocking igo8 for a while now. Best gps program I have used so far with the most customizations and options available.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Pricey? looks expensive...
Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid "X"
Carrier: Verizon

navychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
how is it for accuracy?
Quite accurate in my opinion. I've used it in MN, WI, IL, and CA. Cities like Chicago, Minneapolis, Los Angeles. It's never got me lost.

Love the way it lights up the street sign for the exit to take and dims the street sign that isn't part of your route. The lane indicators on the bottom tell you what lanes you should be in and what lanes to stay out of to ensure that you don't find yourself in a "Must exit" lane.

Provides the next 2 turns and their distance.

Current time / Time @ arrival / elevation / current speed / Speed limit / Traffic camera warnings / 3-D buildings when in a downtown environment to provide a visual indication of when to turn.

I used TomTom for a few years on my Mogul - Never again. This is in my opinion the best PPC navigation suite.

And no -I don't sell it, I just spent months trying many of them out given my travel schedule and wanted to pass on what works for me.

If you find the screen too busy, the same company makes a different front end called "Amigo", same maps, simpler front end.

The lag isn't as bad as it was with the TP1, but there is still a little lag.

Best !

Last edited by navychief52; 09-12-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2