PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 03:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Input Method keeps reverting to "Touch Input", Calendar Issues

The Input Method keeps reverting to "Touch Input", despite the fact that I want it as "Keyboard", becuase I get tired of always closing the on-screen keyboard when it thinks I need it, but I don't want it. I did try searching, but didn't find anything. Anyone know the solution?

Edit: Also, on the Mogul, you could Cut and Paste an appointment, or Copy and Paste it in multiple days. I can't figure out how to do that, or is the TF3D calendar that bad? Also, there is no Week view - anyone know the solution?

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-12-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
Re: Input Method keeps reverting to "Touch Input"

Same here. I don't know if there is a setting to turn off the on screen keyboards. Seems kinda random also when it pops up.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Input Method keeps reverting to "Touch Input"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Same here. I don't know if there is a setting to turn off the on screen keyboards. Seems kinda random also when it pops up.
The strange thing is that the Input Method in Settings>Personal>Input, won't "stick" with Keyboard when you choose that. Also, any idea on the Calendar issue in my edit in the first post?
Old 09-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Re: Input Method keeps reverting to "Touch Input", Calendar Issues

just found this on another forum. Its for the original TP but might be worth a shot:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443312

or you can go into your reg and mess with it:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip

DWORD:

AllowChange - value:1 - change to 0
DragStyle - value:0 - change to 1
MenuBarHeight - value: 34 - change to 1
Old 09-12-2009, 04:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

I just performed what I posted above and it appears to be working. I'm sure it was already posted on here somewhere but, hey, it works!!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
just found this on another forum. Its for the original TP but might be worth a shot:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443312

or you can go into your reg and mess with it:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip

DWORD:

AllowChange - value:1 - change to 0
DragStyle - value:0 - change to 1
MenuBarHeight - value: 34 - change to 1
Mine read 52 in Decimal, but it was 34 in Hex.

Quote:
I just performed what I posted above and it appears to be working. I'm sure it was already posted on here somewhere but, hey, it works!!
I just tried it, and while it does keep the onscreen keyboard from popping up automatically, is also makes it so it CAN'T be brought up if you want it. Here is a specific example of the problem I'm having:

When I open Notes, the onscreen keyboard pops up, even though there is nothing that can possibly be entered at that point, until I either open and existing file, or create a new one. And when I open an existing file, usually it is to read it, not type anything further.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2