PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
InvisibleShield Question?

I received an email today from Zagg stating I had been selected to send my phone in and receive a free InvisibleShield with install. I pay for initial shipping to them, and they take care of the rest.

My question, is the InvisibleShield worth it? I can suck it up and revert back to my 800w for a week or so knowing I'll get a good install and my phone will be protected for a long time. If the Shield needs replaced 2 or 3 times a year, then I don't see the utility in sending them my phone.

These have a lifetime warranty, so I can always get a replacement if it goes bad.

Do these things effect the smooth texture of the screen such that using your finger to slide around is more challenging?

I appreciate any thoughts or comments on the subject.

Cosmo
Old 09-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Re: InvisibleShield Question?

That's awesome! I wish ZAGG would send an one of those emails to me! Anyway, the InvisibleShield is awesome. I had one on my 6800, 6900, Palm 700w, and Touch Pro.

Yes, the smoothness is effected a bit, but it's worth it, knowing your screen is fully protected. You will get used to the feel after a week or so.

I have always got the full body InvisibleShields for all the above phones mentioned. They do a terrific job at protecting the phone, but can get kind of gummy and grimy after a few months of phone use. I don't think there is really a way around this, unless you keep your phone away from dust, grime, and lint 24/7, which is almost impossible.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 09-12-2009, 02:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

I love those and put em on all my electronics (screens). I went to go get my done at the mall at one of their kiosks, but they don't have them till this Tuesday.

However, no way in hell would I send my phone to them, free or not. Too much risk IMO for a $20 piece of plastic. I would just go to the mall and pay for them to do it right then and there.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

My thinking is that they don't have the shield made yet. I remember in the past, they relied on users to send in devices so that they could make the invisible shield for it. That is probably why the OP got an e-mail about it.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
My thinking is that they don't have the shield made yet. I remember in the past, they relied on users to send in devices so that they could make the invisible shield for it. That is probably why the OP got an e-mail about it.
No, I called the local gal I know at the mall who runs the Zagg cart and she just ordered them yesterday from corporate and will have them Tues. She is going to install mine, since I can never do it like they do.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

CosmoPilot is keeping up the good workCosmoPilot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
This is exactly the case. I have until Sunday afternoon to send them a tracking number before they go to the next consumer with the same offer. I'm 85% certain I want this for protection...therefore, I have 2 options: (1) send it in and be without a phone for a week or two...and take a risk it get broken...but still in my 30 day Sprint window, or (2) wait until someone else sends theirs in, Zagg starts manufacturing them, and then buy a $20 kit and take a chance I can install it correctly the first time...and be without that level of protection that entire time

I guess I'm looking for someone to say, whether or not it is good "long term" product. If I have to replace it on a 3 or 4 month basis, then I might as well wait for them to make and market them.

Cosmo
Old 09-12-2009, 02:34 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i dont think ive ever seen an invisible sheild kiosk out here.. too bad, id pay the price for something like that .....if i didnt have to install it...

ghost armor is good to go now, just confirmed it by check the site on another thread
Old 09-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i dont think ive ever seen an invisible sheild kiosk out here.. too bad, id pay the price for something like that .....if i didnt have to install it...

ghost armor is good to go now, just confirmed it by check the site on another thread
Are these close to you?

Computer Haus
823 S. Garfield Ave.
Traverse City, Michigan, 49686
231-946-1045

Micro Center
32800 Concord Drive
(Formerly the AMC Abbey Theater)
Madison Heights, Michigan, 48071
(24 291-8400

They sell and install them.

Also, OP, they are very good for the long term and protect very well. I will post mine Tues for you all to see, heck I will qik it with my TP for you to see while they do it.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

I'm going to get a Ghost Armor once the mall kiosk in Gurnee, IL has them...I was in a few days ago and had them order it.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

I got one of those emails to. Asking me to sign up to send my phone to them to get a free invisibileshield. I'm going to wait to order it, I can't be away from my TP2 for too long!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2