PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2, running Android 2.1
Carrier: Sprint

MultiMatt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket Internet Explorer is different - HTC tweaked?

I mostly use Opera and Skyfire as browsers, but occasionally I have a desire to use PIE. For example, I typically use PIE to navigate to my company's Apps website, where I can open Lotus Notes and other apps via Citrix mobile client.

As soon as I first opened PIE on the Touch Pro2, I noticed that it looked different. Menuing is altered, and some things behaved differently. Apparently HTC has tweaked this?

They must have, because I can't launch any of the apps on my company's site, and I always could (going back to my Mogul). That's one of the reasons I still used PIE, because it worked well with Citrix (Opera wouldn't work).

Another reason I use PIE is for some mobile-formatted sites. I'e always liked how they displayed in PIE, such as Weather Underground. I've always had a Favorite saved which took me straight to the forecast and radar for Louisville.

For some reason, PIE will not go out of Desktop mode for me! Not matter what I do (switch settings, close the app, restart, refresh the page, clear the cache, soft-reset), the view mode is stuck on Desktop mode.

Anyone know of a registry hack which will force PIE to be in mobile mode? I don't care if it goes back to Desktop...!

Old 09-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Pocket Internet Explorer is different - HTC tweaked?

HTC didn't hack it. It's the latest version of PIE. Check out this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=logmein. There's a solution posted in there on how to go back to the old PIE.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2, running Android 2.1
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

MultiMatt is just getting started
Re: Pocket Internet Explorer is different - HTC tweaked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
HTC didn't hack it. It's the latest version of PIE. Check out this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=logmein. There's a solution posted in there on how to go back to the old PIE.
SWEET! Thank you! That worked like a charm!

Now Citrix works:

And mobile sites work too!

=======

If I want to browse with full Desktop view, I will use Opera or Skyfire! Thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2