PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

wooten409 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to wooten409
Exclamation TP2 will not sync Contacts w/ "MyPhone"

When I got the phone everything ran smooth and my 1st attempt to sync was successful. Well, I started to notice a major lag in the phone w/o installing any apps besides "myphone" and decided to hard reset. I haven't been able to sync my entire contact list since. Ive tried numerous hard resets and still no success..

Anyone else w/ this issue?

Last edited by wooten409; 09-11-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Re: TP2 will not sync Contacts w/ "MyPhone"

I've never used that software, but make sure if the app has separate user ability, that the program doesn't think that the TP2 is a different user.

You might try exporting your contacts and then using another method to sync them.

There may be a compatibilty problem between HTC and myphone as people have been stuck at 60%

Quote:
So you just ditched PPC Pim Backup because you thought you found the next best thing – Microsoft MyPhone – right? You also just reflashed your phone without backing up your contacts the old fashioned way because you thought that your contacts were safely backed up with Microsoft MyPhone. Come to find out, when you try to sync your freshly flashed windows mobile phone with Microsoft MyPhone, the sync hangs at 60% (or another random percentage). The point is, you can’t get your contacts. Well, my friends, I believe I have found the solution!
The Solution:
I have reason to believe that I found out how to get past the sync hang-up and get your contacts back on your phone.
If you have an old PPC Pim Backup that you did before still residing on your internal storage (or storage card) then you just may be in luck. All you should have to do is open the PPC Pim Backup program from your internal storage (or storage card) and process a restore (from your outdated PPC Pim contacts backup) and go through the motions of restoring it the old fashioned way. After you do this, open up Microsoft MyPhone and try to sync again.
This is what I did, and it just happened to push my phone past it’s lag on the contact sync. I got this to work using a Sprint Diamond on Mighty’s Reborn ROM just for the record.
I hope this helps someone. This is obviously not a permanent solution to this problem, only a temporary patch (if that). I realize there is very minimal information on this problem on the web, and I also know that Microsoft is ‘aware of the issue’ and ‘working on a fix’ but we all know how that goes.
When my mogul took a crap, I had a RAZR V9 for temporary until the TP2 came out, in order to get my contacts on there, I had to take a spbbackup file, export the contacts a CSV file, then imported them into motorola phone tools. You may be able to do something similar by extracting from "myphone" and importing them into outlook and using activesync.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

That problem was fixed by an update to their side, I believe. I run MyPhone and haven't had a problem syncing ... I checked after I read you post to make sure it wasn't a problem with their servers again.

Unfortunately that is all of the help I can give. I would think a hard reset would fix it. Are any other programs having a problem on your phone?

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-11-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

I had that problem too and all of a sudden it was gone. It hasn't happen again since.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:14 PM
you know ...

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have an idea!! When that 60% problem was happening I read on their forums that it had to do with the photos I used (from Facebook). I went on the site and edited each contact I had changed through the Facebook app. back to a photo on my computer. After I did that everything synced smoothly again.

I don't know what is hanging up your sync, so I don't know if editing the photos or anything would help ... but you could take a look at it. Also, they do have a forum linked to MyPhone that has an answer.

Maybe that was a little more help than my first post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Threadstarter

wooten409 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to wooten409

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I have an idea!! When that 60% problem was happening I read on their forums that it had to do with the photos I used (from Facebook). I went on the site and edited each contact I had changed through the Facebook app. back to a photo on my computer. After I did that everything synced smoothly again.

I don't know what is hanging up your sync, so I don't know if editing the photos or anything would help ... but you could take a look at it. Also, they do have a forum linked to MyPhone that has an answer.

Maybe that was a little more help than my first post.
Now that u mention it, it hasnt happened before I started linking my contacts to their fb's.

Ever since I started putting their pics and bdays on, it hasnt been syncing. I cant find the thread u were mentioning but I"ll do wat u suggested with the fb pics and get back to ya..
Thanx.

Last edited by wooten409; 09-11-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:19 PM
you know ...

So, then the other thing I just read it that MyPhone doesn't play well with photos added through HTC Contact Manager. If you added pics through that, that could be the problem, too, because I thought they fixed the Facebook thing.

I only add pics to my contacts through the Windows Mobile interface now just to be safe ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
lag, myphone, sync error