PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 01:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

otbox21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question No hope of REAL conference calling for Sprint TP2?

Hey I've been looking through the threads and a few months ago it seems there was a discussion about how Sprint could not have the "real" conference feature of the TP2 because it was CDMA. I really have no idea when it comes to most of this stuff, but I was mad because this is one of the key features I looked forward to in this device...more angry because when I asked about it in the store they told me it could do it. (I know, I know, store reps don't know what they're talking about)

Anyway...is there no hope for this feature? I'm referring to the one seen here:

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/08/...default-2.html
(no haven't tried registry tweak but will post results)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture1.jpg (26.5 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: No hope of REAL conference calling for Sprint TP2?

Short answer:

No. Period. Not going to happen on ANY CDMA networks.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:00 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The cdma would not be able to do it because cdma can only have 1 session per esn/phone number link.

The only way it may be possible is if you use the gsm feature of the phone. so yes, "theoretically" it is possible, just not on sprint.

The other alternative is to use a VOIP for conferencing.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-11-2009, 04:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

saibot is keeping up the good worksaibot is keeping up the good work

Wait, you can only have 2 people? So what they refer to as a "conference call" is just 3-way? Well at least I hope 3-way works better on this TP. I always have trouble with it on mine.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The cdma would not be able to do it because cdma can only have 1 session per esn/phone number link.

The only way it may be possible is if you use the gsm feature of the phone. so yes, "theoretically" it is possible, just not on sprint.

The other alternative is to use a VOIP for conferencing.
Another option is to have others in the conference link another person in, and so on, and so on. Not sure how much volume loss there would be, though. They have that in Europe, and maybe on the GSM networks here.

I'm sure Obama will fix it, though
Old 09-11-2009, 04:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Wait, you can only have 2 people? So what they refer to as a "conference call" is just 3-way? Well at least I hope 3-way works better on this TP. I always have trouble with it on mine.
Part of a conference call could said to be the ability of a group of people in a single room to be involved, and the TP2 is supposed to be excellent at that.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Per the TP2's manual via Verizon. It will have 3 way calling during usage in CDMA but will have the ability for conference calling while using Global GSM (meaning only overseas for the bands that support it)
Old 09-11-2009, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Um guys, this is a cell phone we're talking about - not a PBX with a T1 feeding it.

The CDMA networks are limited in their ability to conference from the handset - but if you *really* need to conference a bunch of people from the handset you're probably looking at something like Skype or a hosted third party service, rather than a multi-billion dollar retrofit of the North American CDMA networks.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: tmobile

r3nzo is a n00b

i am using a verizon tp2 but with tmobile coverage. technically, i would be able to use the conference feature since i am using gsm. however, the phone itself does not have the registry to do so. does anybody have a fix/solution?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2