PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fuzzybabybunny is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is my TP2 dying? Same errors across different ROMs.

Recently my phone has been acting strange.

After every flash I hard reset immediately just to make sure I cleared everything from the previous ROM.

Flashed to MightRom TouchFlo 2.5 and a few errors occurred.

1. My calendar events just disappeared. During the middle of the night while sitting by itself the calendar events just disappear.

2. After a day it would get stuck at the loading screen.

Flashed to Sprint Lover's TF 2.5

1. Same thing - calendar events disappeared after a day

2. After a day TouchFlo doesn't load anymore. Just stuck on the Loading TouchFlo message. Can't load the regular Windows start page either.

What the hell is going on?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Is my TP2 dying? Same errors across different ROMs.

Download the newest driver from HTC.com, Sprint TP2 MR update (so you get the new radio). Then flash dance. Then flash a ROM of your choice ( I recommend a 2.1 rom just because they are generally faster). Do the flash dance again then enjoy!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:38 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

are you loading anything on these ROMs after the hard reset? Maybe you are using a backup file that might be conflicting. Try just putting the basics like your phonebook and calendar info and letting it run for a few days. If that works start loading everything else

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Download the newest driver from HTC.com, Sprint TP2 MR update (so you get the new radio). Then flash dance. Then flash a ROM of your choice ( I recommend a 2.1 rom just because they are generally faster). Do the flash dance again then enjoy!
what? newest driver for what. the last time i checked, there are no driver updates on htc.com. microsoft.com, yes. htc.com, no. id try flashing back to stock or running task29. that would be a good start.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:42 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
are you loading anything on these ROMs after the hard reset? Maybe you are using a backup file that might be conflicting. Try just putting the basics like your phonebook and calendar info and letting it run for a few days. If that works start loading everything else
good point! are you using a bck up to put the calender events in? somtihng could be corrupt.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
what? newest driver for what. the last time i checked, there are no driver updates on htc.com. microsoft.com, yes. htc.com, no. id try flashing back to stock or running task29. that would be a good start.
I meant ROM, Will at least get them back to stock.

BTW, here it is
http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/

Looks new to me, there are forums about it too, care to look?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114747
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90226
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115526
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114806

Last edited by aman1127; 04-15-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

fuzzybabybunny is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
good point! are you using a bck up to put the calender events in? somtihng could be corrupt.
Nope, this is happening with a brand spanking new ROM. The only things I do are:

1. Sync my calendar and contacts (not from a backup).
2. Manually configure my email accounts.
3. Install GoogleMaps (if not already installed)

That's it...

Last edited by fuzzybabybunny; 04-15-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:55 PM

ahh yes. a truely hideous rom. my gf rocks it, but the cooked roms from here are way better. the new sprint rom hickups harder than the 6.5.5 energy, thats sad. anyway, sorry to hijack. back to the regularly scheduled program..
Old 04-15-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I meant ROM, Will at least get them back to stock.

BTW, here it is
http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybabybunny View Post
Nope, this is happening with a brand spanking new ROM. The only things I do are:

1. Sync my calendar and contacts (not from a backup).
2. Manually configure my email accounts.
3. Install GoogleMaps (if now already installed)

That's it...
defffinitly flash back to stock. see how that goes.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Master Kimosabi

We agree to agree. I still cant find the elusive perfect rom and am to scared to cook one my self!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2