PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 charging issues?

this will essentially be the breaking point for me.my questio, i guess just telus users can help out here, is does the Tp2 have the same heat issues as the original? such as, when talking/using data with the charger on, it eventually stops. that is my biggest gripe with the tp. i consider it a defect, and if the tp2 is the same, im thinking about going pre...sorry for the bad grammar, updating from my phone.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: Touch Pro 2 charging issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 View Post
this will essentially be the breaking point for me.my questio, i guess just telus users can help out here, is does the Tp2 have the same heat issues as the original? such as, when talking/using data with the charger on, it eventually stops. that is my biggest gripe with the tp. i consider it a defect, and if the tp2 is the same, im thinking about going pre...sorry for the bad grammar, updating from my phone.
I have ot noticed any over heating issues as of yet
Old 08-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I have ot noticed any over heating issues as of yet
keep us posted please! i want to see if htc has stepped up or fell off!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:24 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I would like to know this as well..I heard rumors they fixed it but this was even before it came out...

The easiest way to confirm it is if you run wmwifirouter while charging.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

or make a phone call while charging!
Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
or make a phone call while charging!
wmwifirouter is a easier test because you don't have to be present...you can even leave it over night and see if your phone is still alive lol
Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Had mine about a week now and no heat problems like there were with the TP. I've used it a lot over the past week and not noticed a heat issue at all. I've used it on battery, whilst charging, wifi on for extended periods, etc.

EDIT: Just a side note as I re-read the OP. Seems like the question was not just "did it get hot", but also "does it stop charging after it gets hot". I can't actually say I've noticed if it stopped charging during extended use sorry...just that it did not get hot.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-09-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

For the most part, any data will work. Whether it be browsing from the phone, tether via usb or wifi, when this thing's plugged in it gets hot, quick! Although, I did notice when it's idle and connected, it will charge.

This is an old issue with the TP, and like I said, I feel it's a defect. I mean, come on, not being able to talk on your phone and have it charge? That's just absurd. I really hope they fixed this in the TP2, because if I recall correctly it was just the heat sensor not allowing the phone to continue charging for fear of overheating.

So if someone could investigate, that would be greatly appreciated. I haven't heard it mentioned elsewhere, ie reviews or other websites.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Had mine about a week now and no heat problems like there were with the TP. I've used it a lot over the past week and not noticed a heat issue at all. I've used it on battery, whilst charging, wifi on for extended periods, etc.
Awesome, glad to hear. Hope others are experiencing the same results.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I talked on mine for about 15 minutes the other day while it was plugged in charging and didn't experience any heat issues.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery, battery tweaks, touch pro 2 battery, tweaks