PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gpracer1 is keeping up the good workgpracer1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How's your battery life so far? Let's discuss ways to prolong battery life...

I found that my sprint signal strength at work in my cube is only 1-2 bars. I think in my case the battery is draining faster due to the phone having to bump up the juice to keep a signal.

I just put it on forced roaming and have 3-5 bars. Soon I will find out if it saves some battery.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

bmrisko is becoming a great contributor
Re: How's your battery life so far? Let's discuss ways to prolong battery life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracer1 View Post
I found that my sprint signal strength at work in my cube is only 1-2 bars. I think in my case the battery is draining faster due to the phone having to bump up the juice to keep a signal.

I just put it on forced roaming and have 3-5 bars. Soon I will find out if it saves some battery.
I'm having the same issue at work...I may try the forced roaming during the day and see if it helps. Does yours get warm w/ all the searching for a signal?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gpracer1 is keeping up the good workgpracer1 is keeping up the good work

Doesnt seem like it gets warm. Since my last post I have lost 10%
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sfetaz is just getting started

my battery life seemed good at first and now is worse. I thought s2u2 2.04 was better on battery life but i think its my culprit. is there another slide style app for ppc similar to the lock on the g1 where u sorta draw ur password?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TP2

Macho is just getting started

You know whats very ironic is i always turn up 2 best battery in the power mode tab as opposed to performance and ever since i turned it to midway my battery has been incredible even wit some cabs installed .... last full charge 2 40 pm im still at 94 rite now, but my use was minimal but im content.. 3 days ago i would b down to the 70,s
Old 10-20-2009, 06:02 PM
azl
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

azl is a n00b
Solid numbers

I have a TP2 on Sprint and my battery life is poor. I have had it for about 3 weeks now and have trouble lasting a full day (8AM - 10PM). My Mogul would easily go 36 -- sometimes 48 -- hours before going into the red (red, not dead). If I forget to plug the TP2 in at night, I wake up to a brick.

I RARELY use my phone. Literally 30 minutes of talk per month. Most of my use is in SMS and web browsing, which is still less than 60 minutes per day. I live in Silicon Valley and always have a perfect signal (even in my office).

I had push email enabled for awhile, but even disabled I don't see more than a day.

I would like to see hard numbers from other TP2 owners. Fortunately, there is a tab in the power settings that gives us all the hard numbers we need. I'll start with mine and encourage everyone to share theirs!

Settings > Power > Information tab:
Standby time: 7 hours, 7 minutes
Talk time: 0 hours, 0 minutes
Device usage: 0 hours, 28 minutes

Power remaining (from Battery tab): 5 bars
nuePower CPL readings:
Power remaining: 42%
Voltage: 3.722 V
Discharge: 307 mA
Charge: 0 mA
Temp: 28 °C
Old 10-20-2009, 06:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
my battery life seemed good at first and now is worse. I thought s2u2 2.04 was better on battery life
PocketShield is much better for battery life than the bloated s2u2.

~John
Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

I noticed on my 2 TP's (one with a build date of 8/12/09 & one with 8/25/09) they have different battery part #'s. Not sure if it's just the coating, contacts, and mark that are different on them, though.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:55 AM
Lurker

apc_monk is a n00b

I am having very poor battery life and have used the Cleanup pack too. I am seeing about on avg 200 to 300 mA discharge with nothing else running. Is this normal?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2

jathomas0910 is a n00b

I am a very heave y user and i can honestly say the touch pro2 is a big improvement. no heat issues but once, but i was playing doom or trying to, sending at least like 10 emails to a friend all like 5mb, using wifi sharing and constantly receiving calls and text and it did start to get a lil hot...oh and i had put it on the charger

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
battery, battery tweaks, touch pro 2 battery, tweaks