PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jhormaze is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 People Tab

Hey can anyone tell me if they have this problem and a fix for it.

On the peoples tab on my touch pro 2, the two favorites i have, i assigned pictures to them, however they show up very distorted and blurry like, is there anyway to fix this issue, ive tried searching the forums and have seen nothing.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jujubug is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro 2 People Tab

I had the same problem but on TP1, i fixed it by staying on the manilla, go to the contacts tab then click menu and remove picture and then add it again. You have to add the pic through there so it doesn't look blurry It worked for me idk if it will work for you, doesnt hurt to try
Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubug View Post
I had the same problem but on TP1, i fixed it by staying on the manilla, go to the contacts tab then click menu and remove picture and then add it again. You have to add the pic through there so it doesn't look blurry It worked for me idk if it will work for you, doesnt hurt to try
That would be the correct way to fix it, although you just need to tap change picture.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jujubug is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
That would be the correct way to fix it, although you just need to tap change picture.
Or that
Old 09-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My contact pictures don't look that great- When I select an old contact picture taken with my TP1 I get the message "the size of the selected photo is smaller than the standard contacts picture size, Auto resize the photo?"
Does the TP2 use different dimensions for its contact photos?
Old 09-10-2009, 01:28 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
My contact pictures don't look that great- When I select an old contact picture taken with my TP1 I get the message "the size of the selected photo is smaller than the standard contacts picture size, Auto resize the photo?"
Does the TP2 use different dimensions for its contact photos?
I have tested this so much and i have NO idea what the dimensions are.

What I have come up with though is that 268x268 is perfect, even though it complains and wants you to "crop" the picture. It'll present you with the cropping tool, but the entire picture will be selected so it will work. Anything under 268x268 will give that message.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The contact pic that I have set for my contact is from facebook. It looked fine on my touch pro but now looks distorted some what.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=freeza;1153346]I have tested this so much and i have NO idea what the dimensions are.

What I have come up with though is that 268x268 is perfect, even though it complains and wants you to "crop" the picture. It'll present you with the cropping tool, but the entire picture will be selected so it will work. Anything under 268x268 will give that message.[/QUOTE
When I take a "contact photo" with my TP2 and check the dimensions it is 272 x 272, for the TP1 is was 240 x 320, - maybe this explains the distortion??
Old 09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
The contact pic that I have set for my contact is from facebook. It looked fine on my touch pro but now looks distorted some what.
Did you ever find a solution to this? Changing the picture from inside manilla is a PITA.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Did you ever find a solution to this? Changing the picture from inside manilla is a PITA.
It was the picture, when I set the picture to something different, it cleared up. My contact pics look great now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2