PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3000 & 4500mAh Mugen extended batteries for TP2

I couldn't find any extended batteries for the TP2, so I emailed the first two companies that came to mind that manufacture these type of batteries, Seido and Mugen. Got an email within an hour from Mugen (still nothing from Seido) linking me two batteries they make for the TP2, a 3000 and 4500mah. Now, obviously these increase the size and weight but I don't really care about that aspect. I care more about their performance, where the 4500mah ought to last three times as long as the stock 1500mah. Does anyone have one of these yet, how does it work? They note it is for the GSM model, but I'd think it wouldn't make a difference if it was used on a CDMA model, would it? I'd definately be going for the bigger 4500mah one, but considering the price tag ($100) I'd like to hear some feedback first. Much thanks.

http://www.mugenpowerbatteries.info/epages/es109514.sf/sec_YCh5NtStOY/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es109514_es120302495377/Products/HLI-T7373ML
http://www.mugenpowerbatteries.info/epages/es109514.sf/sec_YCh5NtStOY/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es109514_es120302495377/Products/HLI-T7373XL
Old 09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 3000 & 4500mAh Mugen extended batteries for TP2

The battery cover that comes with the Mugen battery WILL NOT FIT your TP2 because of the 3.5mm jack on the CDMA version & the lack of on the GSM model. Honestly, if they say it is for the GSM Model, why not wait for the CDMA variant?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
I couldn't find any extended batteries for the TP2, so I emailed the first two companies that came to mind that manufacture these type of batteries, Seido and Mugen. Got an email within an hour from Mugen (still nothing from Seido) linking me two batteries they make for the TP2, a 3000 and 4500mah. Now, obviously these increase the size and weight but I don't really care about that aspect. I care more about their performance, where the 4500mah ought to last three times as long as the stock 1500mah. Does anyone have one of these yet, how does it work? They note it is for the GSM model, but I'd think it wouldn't make a difference if it was used on a CDMA model, would it? I'd definately be going for the bigger 4500mah one, but considering the price tag ($100) I'd like to hear some feedback first. Much thanks.

http://www.mugenpowerbatteries.info/epages/es109514.sf/sec_YCh5NtStOY/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es109514_es120302495377/Products/HLI-T7373ML
http://www.mugenpowerbatteries.info/epages/es109514.sf/sec_YCh5NtStOY/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es109514_es120302495377/Products/HLI-T7373XL

4500 mah? your gonna need a purse to carry that bad boy lol

but no, havent used one yet, and no need with the 1500 mah stock IMO unless ya backpacking to china, but then that 4500 mah battery will hurt ya back.lol
Old 09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
The battery cover that comes with the Mugen battery WILL NOT FIT your TP2 because of the 3.5mm jack on the CDMA version
that's when a file or die grinder might come in handy...oh, and there's always duct tape.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I bought the super extend batteries for my 6600, 6700, Mogul & TP but I think I'm just going to get a regular spare battery for the TP2. The battery life is outstanding...
Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

NO WAY, a 4,500 mAh?!?!?!

MUST... GET...

P.S. I used my TP with the 3 Ah battery for self-defense, if you know what I mean.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid "Incredible"

GoldenTiger is just getting started

I wonder how much thickness it adds in inches or millimeters to the phone for the 3000 and 4500mah batteries. They also have an 1800mah standard-size extended battery which I might bite on. (Search model: HLI-T7373SL).
Old 09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
I wonder how much thickness it adds in inches or millimeters to the phone for the 3000 and 4500mah batteries. They also have an 1800mah standard-size extended battery which I might bite on.
I am sure the 3 Ah would double the thickness of the TP2, as for the 4.5 Ah... it's like, a cinder block?

But imagine carrying that thing around in your pocket all day, not only jokes are going to fly but you are going to end up walking funny.

On the upside, a week without charging
Old 09-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I wouldn't mind modifying the cover to allow it to fit, I'm thinking careful use of a soldering iron to melt and remove the plastic without cracking it would be perfect, but obviously I'd be open to suggestions. Perhaps Mugen is working on a new cover, I'm certain they could ship it out afterwards. The price tag is still a lot of money though, even if it's justified.

But damn, imagine the battery life. :O
Old 09-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
I wouldn't mind modifying the cover to allow it to fit, I'm thinking careful use of a soldering iron to melt and remove the plastic without cracking it would be perfect, but obviously I'd be open to suggestions. Perhaps Mugen is working on a new cover, I'm certain they could ship it out afterwards. The price tag is still a lot of money though, even if it's justified.

But damn, imagine the battery life. :O
Oh man I paid like, $80 for the 3,000 mAh battery for my original Sprint TP and the cover, heck I can go without charging for 3 days even with heavy usage.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2