PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vicko5000 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installing Sense on a Stock Sprint rom?

Im sure this is a total noob question (which is sad since ive been flashing roms for the better part of a year) but...

Is it possible to uninstall stock manilla from my stock sprint rom and install sense 2.1 in its place?

I should probably look into a 6.1 kitchen and learn to cook it my self but i havent had the chance to..

So.. is it possible??
Old 12-17-2009, 03:20 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Installing Sense on a Stock Sprint rom?

stock rom is tf3d not manila, sense is manila and no. why not just flash a 2.1 rom? atleast ive never seen it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:39 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

if you're just looking for 6.1+manila 2.1, why not try calkulin's 6.1 rom?:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2nja3j...0ROM%20v1.2.7z
Old 12-17-2009, 03:42 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
stock rom is tf3d not manila, sense is manila
TF3D = Manila
Sense = Manila

Sense = TF3D plus Manila weather

You could cab up the thousands of files and try..

Last edited by indagroove; 12-17-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
stock rom is tf3d not manila, sense is manila and no. why not just flash a 2.1 rom? atleast ive never seen it.

Manila=TF3D. Sense is actually 2.5 released on the HD2 (as far as Windows Mobile first phone with it.) That info on Sense is straight off the HTC website and press releases. Though people on here seem to be calling 2.1 Sense too.

Back to the OP's question, I have not seen it done on a 6.1 ROM. Or any way to add it to a stock ROM. Unlock the phone and flash a custom ROM and you can have it now or whenever Sprint bothers to get around to the 6.5 official release.

indagroove beat me to it
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Sorry, but I gotta clarify a little bit. Both the earlier builds of TouchFlo3d and the newer versions(known as HTC Sense) contain "manila" files.

True, you cannot cross a build made with one, with the other. So stock rom is TF3D which includes manila files, HTC Sense is the newer version of TF3D and also contains manila files. They cannot be swapped from OS to OS though. I just didn't want to feed anyone improper information, as that will just confuse them more. Especially when someone gives them a manila file and they think they can't use it, because it's manila. They all are. They just have to be manila files for the right version of TF3D or HTC Sense.

Ok, I'm done now.

***EDIT
I just spent forever to say that same d**n thing! LOL!!! You guys beat me to it!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 12-17-2009, 03:58 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

my bad, i was under the impression that 2.1 was sense, just flash and be done. lol
Old 12-17-2009, 11:09 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
my bad, i was under the impression that 2.1 was sense, just flash and be done. lol
There are both Sense 2.1 and Sense 2.5 versions of Manila. Sense just means TF3D with weather on the home screen. There is also Manila 2.1 which does not include Sense, as in the stock Sprint TP2 rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2