PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 owners who have them in hand: FM radio functional?

it works fine on my tmo tp2, my brothers sprint tp2 gets signal station just no sound.. im thinking it has to be cooked in the rom.

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 09-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwix View Post
it works fine on my tmo tp2, my brothers sprint tp2 gets signal station just no sound.. im thinking it has to be cooked in the rom.
It's the SAME as with the Touch Pros. GSM has them, no problem, CDMA... well ppl figured out how to get the tuner to tune but just no sound output.

On the TP2, it's the SAME again.

We don't have any conclusion to WHY and HOW. But the most likely possible cause with CDMA TP2s can tune but no sound is, the analog output is simply not there from the tuner to the speaker/headphones.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
it does work on the tmobile tp2... your last sentence made it sound like the gsm one dont either....
My last sentenced was just saying it's the same situation all over again where the gsm version works and the cdma doesn't. i could of worded it better though
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
It's the SAME as with the Touch Pros. GSM has them, no problem, CDMA... well ppl figured out how to get the tuner to tune but just no sound output.

On the TP2, it's the SAME again.

We don't have any conclusion to WHY and HOW. But the most likely possible cause with CDMA TP2s can tune but no sound is, the analog output is simply not there from the tuner to the speaker/headphones.
Since I haven't seen any warranty seals on the screws.. Is it possible for an enterprising company or person (with the proper equipment) to physically add the missing connection? I could see this as a $25 "mail your device to us, get it back in a week or less" service.

Note, if someone *does* do such a service - I want a $5 royalty per device for coming up with the idea.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

its just not gonna happen flat out...

we have straight up genius between all these kind of sites... and NOONE figured it out for cdma TP1... if the hardware is there, it wouldve worked... thats like telling a hacker he cant do something.. if theres an internet connection, anything can be doen...... its just not there... same as here on cdma TP2...

i had my uncle check out TP1 forever ago.. hes a PHD in electrical engineering and designes and does the math work for satellites... i sent him every pic and spec we had on TP1, nadda... he even asked all the indian(please noone take offense) guys at his work... no one could pull it off...

honestly i think its funny...... lets pay tons and tons of money for these devices, then wanna do something so remedial as listen to the radio.... umm, goto the dollar store and grab a am/fm radio for a buck, ya know
Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
its just not gonna happen flat out...

we have straight up genius between all these kind of sites... and NOONE figured it out for cdma TP1... if the hardware is there, it wouldve worked... thats like telling a hacker he cant do something.. if theres an internet connection, anything can be doen...... its just not there... same as here on cdma TP2...

i had my uncle check out TP1 forever ago.. hes a PHD in electrical engineering and designes and does the math work for satellites... i sent him every pic and spec we had on TP1, nadda... he even asked all the indian(please noone take offense) guys at his work... no one could pull it off...

honestly i think its funny...... lets pay tons and tons of money for these devices, then wanna do something so remedial as listen to the radio.... umm, goto the dollar store and grab a am/fm radio for a buck, ya know
B&T,

While I respect you - You've obviously been around these forums longer than I have - That post was downright demoralizing.

I believe we will manage to activate the radio one day, it just takes time, resources, and a positive attitude.

As for why we buy such expensive devices and then kvetch over the lack of such a simple feature as an FM radio - It's simple. As hackers, we want our devices to perform to their fullest potential, and even beyond. Knowing that the hardware is included for a feature but that it is disabled is like giving crack to an addict or candy to a baby. We must get to it and make it work.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a sprint diamond in hand right now and the fm radio works. If you install the cab it will not work. The program will open and you can tune to stations but there will be no sound. The only way to get it to work is to cook it into a rom. I am sure the same will be true for the tp2. Lets hope we get an unlocker for the TP2 soon.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
B&T,

While I respect you - You've obviously been around these forums longer than I have - That post was downright demoralizing.

I believe we will manage to activate the radio one day, it just takes time, resources, and a positive attitude.

As for why we buy such expensive devices and then kvetch over the lack of such a simple feature as an FM radio - It's simple. As hackers, we want our devices to perform to their fullest potential, and even beyond. Knowing that the hardware is included for a feature but that it is disabled is like giving crack to an addict or candy to a baby. We must get to it and make it work.
demoralizing?? umm, sorry?? im saying this, the hardware CANT be there but be disabled... it wouldve been figured out... carriers have blocks on alot of things... need a clone? lol ...anything can be done, if its in there... if theres something in the chipset for it, it can be done manually.. thats like having a comp and a motherboard, but saying you cant make it work-yeah right lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I have a sprint diamond in hand right now and the fm radio works. If you install the cab it will not work. The program will open and you can tune to stations but there will be no sound. The only way to get it to work is to cook it into a rom. I am sure the same will be true for the tp2. Lets hope we get an unlocker for the TP2 soon.
i dont know man... it obviously didnt work for the TP1 @ cooking it into ROMs, so im doubting it here on TP2, since their basically identical ...
Old 09-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Non PPC. Sprint HTC Evo 4G

zer0-1ne is just getting started
Question FM radio! Sprint touch pro 2. works??

for those of you who received your sprint touch pro 2 already does the FM radio on it work? or has sprint hardware disabled it like on the touch pro 1?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: FM radio! Sprint touch pro 2. works??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0-1ne View Post
for those of you who received your sprint touch pro 2 already does the FM radio on it work? or has sprint hardware disabled it like on the touch pro 1?
i cant get it to work, then again i haven't "cooked" a rom onto it (nor will try to yet). I just know by installing the fm radio cab it does not work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2