PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How do you tether with the Sprint touch pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83581)

Jimmy_Digital 09-09-2009 03:49 PM

How do you tether with the Sprint touch pro 2

I am having trouble trying to tether with sprint touch pro 2. is their a cab or something

JAVIERBOND007 09-09-2009 03:55 PM

Re: How do you tether with the Sprint touch pro 2

Iam not familiar with that device yet, but might want to consider using WMWifiRouter.

Dragon2 09-09-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwaskycap (Post 1151736)
I am having trouble trying to tether with sprint touch pro 2. is their a cab or something

go to internet sharing app in programs, if there is no option for sprint/data/or phoneasmodem then ya need to do the hackk..

reg edit this

hklm/comm/internetsharing/settings and delete the forececellconnection line and voila, go back to the ICS program and these options should be there now, select either sprint or data, hit connect and bammmm.

jtadeo51 09-09-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1152009)
go to internet sharing app in programs, if there is no option for sprint/data/or phoneasmodem then ya need to do the hackk..

reg edit this

hklm/comm/internetsharing/settings and delete the forececellconnection line and voila, go back to the ICS program and these options should be there now, select either sprint or data, hit connect and bammmm.

I installed some cab located in the tips and teaks thread (some ICS...cab)

now I have two options in ICS for Network connections - Sprint and Phone as modem

So just to be sure, all I have to do is select Sprint and connect?

draghn 09-09-2009 05:47 PM

I haven't actually shared the internet yet, but my phone gave me a menu with one of the options being "Internet Sharing: Use phone as modem." I haven't edited the registry or anything yet, so they would probably know the difference doing this out-of-box.

Dragon2 09-09-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtadeo51 (Post 1152027)
I installed some cab located in the tips and teaks thread (some ICS...cab)

now I have two options in ICS for Network connections - Sprint and Phone as modem

So just to be sure, all I have to do is select Sprint and connect?

yes, you just hit connect after selecting sprint....

remember your data connection must be on and the tp2 software has to be installed on ya pc.... so ya have a sync partnership....

BenC 09-09-2009 06:53 PM

Goodness. I use PdaNet.

otterit 09-09-2009 07:07 PM

I use USB Modem (Mac) and WMWifiRouter.

SKS06460 09-09-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenC (Post 1152197)
Goodness. I use PdaNet.

+1 here

themuffinman 09-09-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draghn (Post 1152053)
I haven't actually shared the internet yet, but my phone gave me a menu with one of the options being "Internet Sharing: Use phone as modem." I haven't edited the registry or anything yet, so they would probably know the difference doing this out-of-box.

They would be able to tell if you use this feature out of the box, so make sure you make the registry change.