PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Is the overheating issue on TP1 fixed on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesta17 View Post
Are you using a TP1 or TP2?
TP1, sorry i edited my first post.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Okay, I just got my sprint TP2 and checked to see how wifi router is..well the back is getting rather hot similar to my mogul :/ (it is still charging for now though)

I also had it randomly reset on me, but not sure if that was caused by the heat or some button was pressed when I put it down. If it happens again I'll report.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP

The developer of wmwifirouter himself tested it on his TP1 vs TP2 and saw HUGE differences. You can read his whole blog post about them at: http://www.youwantthat.com/?p=202

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 09-09-2009, 11:43 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

tp1 used to stop charging on me while charging and watching youtube, not the case with the tp2.....
Old 09-10-2009, 05:00 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Since I stayed up over night working and using WIFI Tethering here is the report I gotta give:

The phone is similar to the mogul, except it takes a bit longer to heat up pretty well...after it heats up well its begins to normalize(seems like after it reaches full charge)

As of over 12hrs of continued tethering, I came back and noticed the phone blinking red and green...and even though it plugged in it was NOT charging. I would say it went down about 10% and the began charging again. So my guess is that is the overheating indicator.

This doesn't mean this cycle didn't happen earlier then 12hr, I just happened to have noticed it then.

unfortunately it is not summer 90 degrees any more for a real test, but it seems like a good improvement in heat management in comparison to my old mogul..still could use some work though..

I will continue testing this and see how it goes :/
Old 09-10-2009, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

I can get mine to heat up and do the battery cut-off thing quite easily. My office has minimal cell phone reception, so after spending 8 hours here my phone is typically down to 40% charge by the end of the work day.

I hop in my car, plug in the car lighter adapter and fire up Google Latitude (with GPS on) or simply start playing music from the SD Card. The phone will reach about 70% charge before it stops charging and the orange/green lights flash repeatedly.

Note - I don't observe the problem when I'm off work ... and the phone has access to good signal (aka radio isn't trying to broadcast at max power)
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn

How do you get your username and password to set up the tethering? i looked on the Sprint web site but don't see where you can set that login.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2