PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone take the subway on a regular basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by railslave View Post
i run a train on a regular basis. does that count?
Sweet, could you please install a cell booster and that would solve problem. lol
Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

pistol44 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
I havn't noticed any problems leaving it in home only, but if you do notice any signal loss I would just switch back. I leave it on home only so I dont roam onto US towers while close to border.
Maybe I'll just test it out and remind myself if I ever travel outside Canada to switch it back or maybe in areas where I'm not getting great reception. Should be ok though since I live pretty much right downtown Toronto.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Huggybear is becoming a great contributor
Wink Re: Anyone take the subway on a regular basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
Maybe I'll just test it out and remind myself if I ever travel outside Canada to switch it back or maybe in areas where I'm not getting great reception. Should be ok though since I live pretty much right downtown Toronto.
You won't have to remind yourself....if you travel outside of Canada with you phone in Home mode only, you'll get no service.

Consider that to be the proverbial string on your finger.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

Quote:
Try updating your phones roaming list from Telus.

All you have to do is dial *22803 on your handset and than pick option 2 to update your phones roaming list. This should solve your problem, so you can stay in standard mode and not have to switch to home only mode.

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I only remember the ones with the 2 guys. One guy struggling to find service then another guy with no problems. Then the other guy watches him in envy.. Is that the one??

Anyway I'm not wondering how to solve service issues as I don't have problems with that. I'm wondering if there is a workaround to perhaps disable roaming.. I don't know if that's the best solution but it's all I can think of.

A little off topic but, my buddy from high school IS that Roger's guy, haha. Excellent individual.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
Try updating your phones roaming list from Telus.

All you have to do is dial *22803 on your handset and than pick option 2 to update your phones roaming list. This should solve your problem, so you can stay in standard mode and not have to switch to home only mode.
But do you think this will solve my initial problem? The problem being the phone lagging (due to roaming I assume) so much that it's barely usable in the subway?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

Quote:
But do you think this will solve my initial problem? The problem being the phone lagging (due to roaming I assume) so much that it's barely usable in the subway?
This shouldn't be causing your lagging. I would start off fresh by doing a hard reset. Test your phone out without installing anything and see if there is a difference; if it's working fine than you know it's something you installed that made it lag.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by izuzu View Post
This shouldn't be causing your lagging. I would start off fresh by doing a hard reset. Test your phone out without installing anything and see if there is a difference; if it's working fine than you know it's something you installed that made it lag.
Hard resetting doesn't help. It happened on my Diamond and my TP2. Only lags horribly when I'm in elevators or the subway or basements with no service. It's as though searching for service when there is no service causes the phones ram to sky rocket. I know that's not actually the case but that how it reacts.

But I did try putting the phone into Standard Mode and that actually resolved the subway lagging entirely.. strange.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Slevin is a n00b

I ride the metro in D.C. every day, and I don't have an issue with service. There used to be only Verizon repeaters in the tunnels, as of Oct.16, 4 major carrier services (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and T-mobile) are getting installed at 20 metro stations. We'll see, but as of now, I have no probels and have roaming turned on and Don't Ask.

-Slevin

Last edited by Slevin; 09-10-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

FWIW, I ride the NYC subway everyday to work and never noticed any lag while down there.

I never changed any of those options (home only, etc) and just kept it at default. The only thing I've noticed in terms of lag is an occaisional hiccup when listening to music using S2P.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2